I've been all through this thread and can't find anything that discusses the PC workflow using Premier Pro.
A friend of mine has invested alot of time and money into a good laptop, Premier Pro 2.0,DV Rack and renting an HVX, but so far he hasn't had a successful shoot using this combination, lots of technical probs.
NOW, I'm shooting on Sunday and will probably shoot on the Sony Z1P PAL with Cineframe 30 - it's pretty nice, i've used before - BUT I would really like to ditch that and shoot on the HVX - 200, but I'm not sure about the workflow, whether our comp and editing software can handle it.
Questions : (sorry if I sound stupid - this is pretty new to me.)
1) The people I'm working with have a decent laptop - but only Premier Pro 1.5 - Is this usable?
2) If I shoot to P2 cards - should I download the "P2 Genie" software, I can't just put the P2 card in the comp and dump the files, right?
3) Do I still need P2 Genie if I shoot straight into Comp with firewire? This sounds great to me, but how do I set up the Comp to do this?- I'm so not comp lit. Do I open Premier and capture in there? Or does the Genie capture?
4) If I shoot into comp is it compressed or altered in anyway?
5) I'm shooting on PAL and I've heard something strange - that the PAL version shoots only in 30fps not 24? Whats the point of that?
6) What do you guys think is better - 1080/24p or 720/24pN? What exactly is the difference? Our whole shoot is static camera - so no prob with strobing etc...
I hope someone out there will have the patience to answer my silly questions & I can go off happily into the sunset hugging my new best friend the HVX-200...
HVX & PC workflow with Premier Pro
1 reply to this topic