#1 Danny Durr

Danny Durr

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:27 PM

I'm using 7285 in a liquior store (night/int) and cross processing it. i'm changing out the cool white tubes to vitalites to get the correct color temp. I've already done a test in a friends garage immulating the lighting with 2 4'4 kino (Daylight) and some fill with a 2'4 kino. Exposure was no problem, but when i got the telecine back the colors didn't look as off as i wanted. I called fotokem and turns out the colorist adjusted for skin tones (it was unsupervised, my faught) The good thing is, i know that if the colors are completely off we can still correct it and it won't look so bad... lol But after talking with a colorist over there some more, he recommmened filming through a magenta filter when cross processing. His explanation was that since reversal didn't have the orange backing like negative, fotokem prints the film with a green filter, thus film through magenta would be canceled out in the lab. But i have no idea how the colors come out when you do this... does anyone have any samples/stills or other recommendations?

I know of other films that have cross processed, but i don't know exactly the technique they used.

i meant to say 7285, not 7218 like my topic posting says.

Edited by Danny Durr, 31 January 2007 - 02:25 PM.

The Slider

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

Visual Products