#1 Danny Durr

Danny Durr

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:32 PM

I'm using 7285 in a liquior store (night/int) and cross processing it. i'm changing out the cool white tubes to vitalites to get the correct color temp. I've already done a test in a friends garage immulating the lighting with 2 4'4 kino (Daylight) and some fill with a 2'4 kino. Exposure was no problem, but when i got the telecine back the colors didn't look as off as i wanted. I called fotokem and turns out the colorist adjusted for skin tones (it was unsupervised, my faught) The good thing is, i know that if the colors are completely off we can still correct it and it won't look so bad... lol But after talking with a colorist over there some more, he recommmened filming through a magenta filter when cross processing. His explanation was that since reversal didn't have the orange backing like negative, fotokem prints the film with a green filter, thus film through magenta would be canceled out in the lab. But i have no idea how the colors come out when you do this... does anyone have any samples/stills or other recommendations?

I know of other films that have cross processed, but i don't know exactly the technique they used.

#2 Frank Barrera

Frank Barrera
  • Sustaining Members
  • 464 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

did you have a color chip chart or grey card at the head of your footage? i have done a little bit of cross processing and never had your experience.

Paralinx LLC

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

CineLab

CineTape

Technodolly