#1 David Auner aac

David Auner aac
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:46 AM

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a matte box for my DSR-PD150. It would be nice to have one that fits both the WA-adapter and the 58mm thread. Does anyone own a matte box for his 150?

Cheers, Dave

#2 don lee

don lee
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:05 AM

I went thru the same issue and couldnt find one for my wide angle. I ended up buying a Wide angle adaptor and a square shade from Century Precision Optics that takes sqaure slide in filters so you can use grads. The wide angle adaptor is way, way better than the Sony so it all worked out, but was kinda pricey.

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a matte box for my DSR-PD150. It would be nice to have one that fits both the WA-adapter and the 58mm thread. Does anyone own a matte box for his 150?

Cheers, Dave

#3 David Auner aac

David Auner aac
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1117 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:32 AM

I went thru the same issue and couldnt find one for my wide angle. I ended up buying a Wide angle adaptor and a square shade from Century Precision Optics that takes sqaure slide in filters so you can use grads. The wide angle adaptor is way, way better than the Sony so it all worked out, but was kinda pricey.

Which Sony did you have? AFAIK there are at least two version. The one I have is called VCL-HG0758 and it works pretty well. It has some barrel distortion but you'd expect that in a converter lens...

Back to the topic though... supposedly there is a Chrosziel Matte Box that fits both the WA and the normal lens. Anyone know any details? And what about Century/Schneider?

Cheers, Dave

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Glidecam

Opal

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC