5 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Lohne

Jon Lohne
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Other

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:12 PM

Hi, This is a short that I shot for the 48hour film festival in San Francisco. We won best cinematography for the event which was held in 2006. It was shot on a sony hdr-fx1, edited using final cut pro, colorized using magic bullet. Other equipment we used was a rolling tool cart that was improvized as a dolly, a light weight jib arm and a small light kit. For you who have not heard of this festival, each team picks a genre from a hat on friday night, the finished movie is turned in on sunday eve. Let me know what you think.

jon

http://www.tkpsite.c...=...0PX&h=480PX

#2 Jon Lohne

Jon Lohne
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Other

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:41 PM

Hi, This is a short that I shot for the 48hour film festival in San Francisco. We won best cinematography for the event which was held in 2006. It was shot on a sony hdr-fx1, edited using final cut pro, colorized using magic bullet. Other equipment we used was a rolling tool cart that was improvized as a dolly, a light weight jib arm and a small light kit. For you who have not heard of this festival, each team picks a genre from a hat on friday night, the finished movie is turned in on sunday eve. Let me know what you think.

jon

http://www.tkpsite.c...=...0PX&h=480PX

Any Feedback?

#3 Rob.m.Neilson

Rob.m.Neilson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:45 PM

This film looked great for a 48hour entry! It was nicely paced..the only complaint I had was the actress that got beat up seemed a bit hammy at times ("Why are you doing this for me") and the score was a bit repetative at times...but still good for something made with a tight deadline! The ending shot of this film is beautiful!

#4 Morgan Peline

Morgan Peline
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:14 PM

Cute!

Amazing for 24 hours - some of framing was a little rough for me in places but what can I say for 24 hours? I don't want to nit pick!

I found the cut to the back of her when she goes to the bathroom a little jarring because you don't see her say her line. And also there is an eyeline cross when she comes back....

Really nice ending!

Congratulations!

#5 Jonathan Bowerbank

Jonathan Bowerbank
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2815 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • San Francisco, CA

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:16 PM

Very well done with some simple yet effective lighting setups.

I'm sure you noticed, but there's just the one shot with a jib where the frame is just a little off, leaving a lot of headroom.

Otherwise, nice work, and it was all done in 48 hours, impressive

cheers!

Jon

#6 Jon Lohne

Jon Lohne
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Other

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

Very well done with some simple yet effective lighting setups.

I'm sure you noticed, but there's just the one shot with a jib where the frame is just a little off, leaving a lot of headroom.

Otherwise, nice work, and it was all done in 48 hours, impressive

cheers!

Jon

I didn't have an auxillery monitor so I was flying the jib blind trying to guess the framing, so I do agree the framing could have been better.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

rebotnix Technologies

Aerial Filmworks

Paralinx LLC

Glidecam

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

CineTape

Tai Audio

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport