• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adam berk

adam berk
  • Sustaining Members
  • 168 posts
  • Director

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:42 AM

Happy to say that I will soon be the proud owner of a custom follow focus system with 18" carbon fibre rods for my super16 EBM bolex. I use nikon slr lenses 99% of the time and this system will be built for that. As soon as I take delivery next week, I'll post back here with some pics for yallz to droolz on.

If anyone else has an FF rig on their bolex, please do post pics in this thread.

thanks so much!
adam berk

#2 Dennis Kisilyov

Dennis Kisilyov
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Other

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:58 AM

Happy to say that I will soon be the proud owner of a custom follow focus system with 18" carbon fibre rods for my super16 EBM bolex. I use nikon slr lenses 99% of the time and this system will be built for that. As soon as I take delivery next week, I'll post back here with some pics for yallz to droolz on.

If anyone else has an FF rig on their bolex, please do post pics in this thread.
thanks so much!
adam berk

Are you using a Nikon F/AIS to Bolex Bayonet C-Mount adapter of sorts?

I'd love to see pics of your Nikon F to Bolex adapter too....

#3 jiri petr

jiri petr

New

• Sustaining Members
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

thanks so much!
adam berk

Hello,
very curious to see your custom FF. I use a long Nikkor lenses (4/500 and 4/600) for wildlife shootig on my Bolex EL S16 and Aaton XTR for many years, still having problems with different sense of rotation of Nikkor lenses compared to other cine and SD lenses I am working much more often.. so currently I have come to decision to build a simple FF which could enable to go forward for infinity and backward for close.

#4 adam berk

adam berk
  • Sustaining Members
  • 168 posts
  • Director

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:08 AM

I got the follow focus and rods today. Tim over at indifocus.com was extremely helpful in custom building this sytem for me. Only thing left now is a decent mattebox.

Here is a pic of my camera with a nikkor 24mm ?2 with the rods and FF.

DSC00988.jpg

#5 jiri petr

jiri petr

New

• Sustaining Members
  • 4 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:14 PM

I got the follow focus and rods today. Tim over at indifocus.com was extremely helpful in custom building this sytem for me. Only thing left now is a decent mattebox.

DSC00988.jpg

Hello Adam,
your follow focus looks great. I like the idea of reduced inner diameter and weight reduction of the ring attatched to the lens. What about the sence of rotation? focusing for more distant object, you go forward with the FF ring?
Thank for replay
Jiri

#6 andres victorero

andres victorero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:34 AM

DSC00988.jpg

Hi adam it looks impressive. Where you purchase the lens gear? I´m looking one for my nikon lenses too.
Thanks a lot

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

CineTape

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Aerial Filmworks