#1 Chiron Forsyth

Chiron Forsyth

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:46 AM

I am an independent filmmaker producing a feature length horror movie to be shot on HD in the Hartsville, SC, area. This will be a three-to-four week shoot in late May/June. I?m seeking a cinematographer/camera operator with the experience in HD needed to make the movie look as film-like as possible. I need someone who can work with a skeleton crew, "guerilla" style to produce a professional finished product.

This is a low-budget project and pay will be meager by Hollywood standards. Ideally, I'd like someone relatively local, ie, based in South Carolina.

Please email me your resume and either include a link to an online reel or send a demo reel to the address below (please note any key sequences shot on HD). If you aren?t interested but know someone who might be, please forward info to them or email me with your recommendation. Please also let me know your minimum weekly rate. Most likely we'll be renting a camera but if you have your own you like to use, let me know the weekly cost of that too.) And please include your dates of availability.

Michael Forsyth
Freedom's Hammer Productions, LLC
930 Piney Creek Road
Hartsville, SC 29550

#2 schweikert

schweikert

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Michael,

I'm a DP located in north Alabama and Iam very interested in your project. Do you have an email outside of this forum? www.LikeMolesLikeRats.com is the website for the feaqture I shot last summer. We shot with a Panasonic Varicam with a HVX 200 as second unit- I own that camera and have an M2 35 adapter giving wonderfully rich film like HD footage. May I send you a reel?

sincerely,

Bill Schweikert
Director of Photography

I am an independent filmmaker producing a feature length horror movie to be shot on HD in the Hartsville, SC, area. This will be a three-to-four week shoot in late May/June. I?m seeking a cinematographer/camera operator with the experience in HD needed to make the movie look as film-like as possible. I need someone who can work with a skeleton crew, "guerilla" style to produce a professional finished product.

This is a low-budget project and pay will be meager by Hollywood standards. Ideally, I'd like someone relatively local, ie, based in South Carolina.

Please email me your resume and either include a link to an online reel or send a demo reel to the address below (please note any key sequences shot on HD). If you aren?t interested but know someone who might be, please forward info to them or email me with your recommendation. Please also let me know your minimum weekly rate. Most likely we'll be renting a camera but if you have your own you like to use, let me know the weekly cost of that too.) And please include your dates of availability.

Michael Forsyth
Freedom's Hammer Productions, LLC
930 Piney Creek Road
Hartsville, SC 29550
[/quote]

#3 rafael balboa

rafael balboa

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

Hi i´m a cinematographer/visual artist with wide experience in SONY or PANASONIC HDV cams if you really look for film look using video first:

1)
Are you are going to finish in Video (not for a movie theater screening projection).

2)
There a couple of tricks that i know but always the best thing is shot in film could be Super8 if you son´t have too much money

3) The money it´s not problem, but i don´t live in US but quite close, Mexico City.

4) If you decide to hire me, you can send me and offer after looking my reel and all the expenses like flight tickets, accomodation, you can take it from the money that you have on mind already for a cinematographer salary.(take it as a chance to hire a cheap artist for big results).

5) I had been doing Visual Artis for quite along and it would be great to go on movies again.

regards,

rafael balboa

+52 (55) 5658-8763
rafabal@yahoo.com

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Visual Products