New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Student
  • Cornwall/London - UK

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Hello all -

Im new to the wonderful world of super 8 and very excited by my new findings... including these great forums! Please forgive if my question has an obvious well-known answer but....

I know that Kodachrome stock for S8 has stopped being produced, but I was given a few carts and was wondering whether there is anywhere in Europe (preferably the UK) that still processes them? From my searches, I have only come across a place called Dwayne's in the US... if this is my only option, anybody know P&P costs from & to the UK for this service?

Will truly appreciate your help! - Adam

#2 Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan

Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Director
  • Mexico DF

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:43 PM

Hello all -

Im new to the wonderful world of super 8 and very excited by my new findings... including these great forums! Please forgive if my question has an obvious well-known answer but....

I know that Kodachrome stock for S8 has stopped being produced, but I was given a few carts and was wondering whether there is anywhere in Europe (preferably the UK) that still processes them? From my searches, I have only come across a place called Dwayne's in the US... if this is my only option, anybody know P&P costs from & to the UK for this service?

Will truly appreciate your help! - Adam

Hi Adam!
theres a place in london called the wide screen center
http://www.widescreen-centre.co.uk/
maybe they process or know a lab for processing kodachrome in europe.
i recomend to call to the widescreen cose they never reply the emails.
bye!!
Treegan

ps
http://www.leescameras.co.uk/
here is another site

#3 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:53 PM

The only place in the world that still processes Kodachrome is in Kansas, USA, and is called Dwayne's.

#4 Adam Razvi

Adam Razvi

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Student
  • Cornwall/London - UK

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:47 PM

Nice one - bet they do some decent business! Adam

#5 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student

Posted 13 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

I would imagine so. Please tell me how you get on with their service, I'll be needing then soon. :)

#6 Terry Mester

Terry Mester
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Other
  • Welland, Ontario, Canada

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

Adam,
you should be able to still mail the Cartridges to the Swiss Lab Address. Kodak will deliver the Carts to Dwaynes, and back to you. Call Kodak in the UK just to verify this. You could also mail the Carts to Qualex Canada who will deliver them to Dwaynes and back. The link below provides info on using Qualex. You can Phone Qualex at 1-905-560-2222.

http://www.cinematog...n...ic=19899

#7 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

Sorry to have to contradict you, Terry, but I'm pretty sure the swiss Kodachrome forwarding service ceased on 1st December 2006.

#8 Terry Mester

Terry Mester
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Other
  • Welland, Ontario, Canada

Posted 15 February 2007 - 02:04 AM

Sorry to have to contradict you, Terry, but I'm pretty sure the swiss Kodachrome forwarding service ceased on 1st December 2006.

You may be right Matthew as I'm not sure about S8. I'd suggest calling Kodak UK. The Kodak Website provides the following info on mailing Kodachrome Slide Film in Europe, but they may not take S8 Carts -- after all its Kodak we're dealing with. Even if the Swiss Address still took S8, it probably wouldn't be any cheaper to mail it there from England than to mail it directly to Qualex in Canada.
Adam, if the Swiss Lab or Qualex Canada won't accept S8 Carts from England, you can make arrangements to send them to me, and I'll have them developed through Qualex and send them back to you. Just click my Name to E-Mail me. Since you're new to S8, I've included a few HTTP Links below which will provide you interesting info.
EUROPE
The Kodak photo processing laboratory in Renens, Switzerland has been closed. Kodak continues to offer Kodachrome processing for European customers by shipping our 35mm slide film to Dwayne's Photo of Parsons, Kansas. There is no additional charge for this service.
European customers should continue to send their KODACHROME Film and mailers to the address below, as they have in the past.
Kodak SA
Laboratoire KODACHROME
Case Postale
Ch-1001 Lausanne
Switzerland,
CH

INFO FOR SUPER8 NEWBIES
You can find useful info on Super8mm by clicking the Threads linked below. If you would like to record Sound with your filming, log onto the Website www.geocities.com/filmanddigitalinfo which provides info on recording synchronous Sound. Good luck to you.

http://www.cinematog...showtopic=20597
http://www.cinematog...showtopic=20645
http://www.cinematog...showtopic=20634

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Rig Wheels Passport

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Technodolly

The Slider