#1 Scott Bullock

Scott Bullock
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Other
  • Denver, CO

Posted 20 February 2007 - 12:31 PM

Does anyone have any experience with anamorphic adapters, especially the "zoom through" type (like the one Panasonic makes for their little HD cameras) that can be attached to the end of the lens?

I'm trying to find one that would be compatible with my Canon 1014 XL-S, which has a filter thread of 67mm. If you know of anything like this, know of a good one to use, or have experience using them, please let me know.

#2 Fernando Morales

Fernando Morales
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Student
  • Madrid, Spain

Posted 20 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

Hi, Scott:

A good start would be this webpage:

http://home.pacbell..../super8_39.html

As a matter of fact, Mike's webpage was my first reference about anamorphic lenses. Right now

I'm trying to find one that would be compatible with my Canon 1014 XL-S, which has a filter thread of 67mm. If you know of anything like this, know of a good one to use, or have experience using them, please let me know.

Big zoom lenses tend to vignet more than smallers. Right now I am using a quarz S8 without the zoom lens, a Kowa for Bell & Howell 2x a-lens. The Quarz's small prime gives great compression! I tried also with a Quarz DS8-3 and having the same zoom lens, it works fine until you reach 15mm (remember that you can consider this 7.5mm in 2x). But the best for me is the Switar 12.5mm Bolex prime lens.
Small lenses work fine with these kind of a-lenses (cheap and readily available through ebay), for your 1014xl-s, you should probably go for the Isco 54, which can give you 1.5x, but of course, is more expensive. I do have a 1014 too and I tried but vignetting started at 40mm, at least with the Kowa. Maybe another forumer has some experience with the Isco and can tell you more.
For an a-lens list:

http://super8wiki.co...hic_attachments

Hope this helps. Best regards,

Morales

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport