I'm looking for participants for the sequle project to Super-8 Cities: CITIZEN SUPER-8.
Below I have posted the blurb from them website, but basically this is a similar concept to Super-8 Cities, but harder and, I hope, even more compelling.
WHAT IS CITIZEN SUPER-8?
Following on from the success of Super-8 Cities comes a sequel project designed to raise the ante and see what celluloid filmmakers can do in an arena entirely dominated by digital production values: the observational documentary.
Whereas the rules for Super-8 Cities worked to the advantage of super-8 filmmakers, the new rules only make life more difficult! The films must be character driven observational documentaries about individuals or groups of people who embody a theme of citizenship. And the film must be driven forward by the voice of that character - not by director narration. Needless to say, working on a tight budget this kind of film will be fiendishly difficult to accomplish and will require a creative leap of faith. 'Film therapy' we call it!
Therefore, the rules are stripped down to the following constraints.
1) Make a film of more than 3 minutes in length.
2) Shoot exclusively on any super-8mm or 16mm stock.
3) Shoot synch sound or at least semi-synchronous atmos on location.
4) Must feature a character or set of characters who embody a clearly defined aspect of citizenship.
And here are some things I would like to encourage:
1) Shoot high quality stocks such as Pro8-01 (remanufactured Kodak 7201)
2) For those that can afford them: HD transfers
submit your interest in participating to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Citizen Super-8: Call for Participants
No replies to this topic