Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:47 AM

Dear all,

After experimenting with hardeners, softeners, subbing, coating, digesting etc etc, I've got some promising results with my hand made emulsion for motion picture. I believe it's now iso 12 (or maybe 9) and orthocromatic (by the addition of some extra sensitisers). Unfortunately, I made a huge mistake, caused by anxiety of seeing results and try to pre-hardened the film before it was actually dried, disaster, most of the emulsion came off... So, the samples you're seeing are some that survived. I have a new batch that I wanna shoot soon (that I actually used a brush to spread it over the leader) that looks much better. There was some major frauds with my coating machine but I guess I am on the verge of solving it. Anyway, here is some of the frames scanned with a flatbed (the kodak on the side is only because I use kodak clear polyester leader)... This one I developed as a negative but I hope to do the next as reversal. Thanks for the attention.

richardson

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Nick Mulder

Nick Mulder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1023 posts
  • Other
  • Auckland, New Zealand

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:06 AM

Are you using a silver based process there ?

It looks like the prussian blue of a cyanotype thats had a peroxide dunk or two - (; but that would be negative... So you scanned a brownish neg and inverted it in photoslapper, hence the blue ?

I was thinking one day of coating watercolor paper with a platinum/palladium or cyanotype coating and cutting it into film strips (use a tape splicer to cut the sprockets) doing some T exposure time lapse with it, make a great book mark to go with my doorstop of a camera :lol:

seriously though - this is damn cool, and I love the fact your pics are so big it makes a mockery of the forum layout :rolleyes: (wheres the 'Add Reply' button!

ahhh ...

#3 Nate Downes

Nate Downes
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1638 posts
  • Florida, USA

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:12 AM

Very cool! I can't wait to see the final result.

#4 Richardson Leao

Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:45 PM

Hi Nick, it's silver based. the blue comes from the leader that is a bit brownish. Cheers.

Are you using a silver based process there ?

It looks like the prussian blue of a cyanotype thats had a peroxide dunk or two - (; but that would be negative... So you scanned a brownish neg and inverted it in photoslapper, hence the blue ?
I was thinking one day of coating watercolor paper with a platinum/palladium or cyanotype coating and cutting it into film strips (use a tape splicer to cut the sprockets) doing some T exposure time lapse with it, make a great book mark to go with my doorstop of a camera :lol:

seriously though - this is damn cool, and I love the fact your pics are so big it makes a mockery of the forum layout :rolleyes: (wheres the 'Add Reply' button!

ahhh ...

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Glidecam

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

CineLab

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Ritter Battery

Aerial Filmworks