3 replies to this topic

#1 Antonio Bunt

Antonio Bunt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 03 March 2007 - 12:32 AM

Can anyone tell me something about this camera? I have seen it on eBay. It looks cool and all but I am afraid if it works fine or if it can shoot sync dialogue. They seem like a good deal but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Edited by Antonio Bunt, 03 March 2007 - 12:33 AM.

#2 Bert Smith

Bert Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Director

Posted 19 March 2007 - 01:15 AM

I would sure like some answers to that question too. I heard this one character here, "film runner", talking about how horrible that camera was (he did that about another camera too, that I have heard nothing but praise about), then others comment that the Pentaflex is an extremely versatile camera for the price. I would very much like to know more about these from someone with some real experience. I am torn between a Pentaflex and a Kinor right now. The ability to film at something like 90 fps is sure appealing.

Please, give us some nutritious info.

:-)

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:32 AM

Can anyone tell me something about this camera? I have seen it on eBay. It looks cool and all but I am afraid if it works fine or if it can shoot sync dialogue. They seem like a good deal but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Pentaflex -16 big size and big weight a turret camera ( monster ), with complex film track and strange design of fim magazines.
I don't know any other cine camera with similar design of film magazine.
Pentaflex have wide set of accessories, a few motors, DC, AC, spring, but, don't have crystal sync speed motor.
The one good side of Pentaflex-16 - set of prime and zoom lenses, but, this lenses can be use with Pentaxlex camera or must be modify.

If you will compare Pentaflex-16 and Kinor-16, the Kinor-16 better, without dispute.
Kinor-16 compact professional 16 mm cine camera with one lens mount ( more precision lens mount ),
have compact 30 m and 120 m film magazines.
The electrical motor of Kinor-16 can be modify on crystal sync speed motor.
Wide set of prime lenses 6..300 mm, zoom lenses 7.5-75 mm, 10-100 mm, 12-120 mm.
And more ets.

#4 Pawel Saladziak

Pawel Saladziak
  • Sustaining Members
  • 76 posts
  • Producer
  • Poland - Poznań

Posted 19 March 2007 - 06:56 AM

Hi. I have one of these, already a year. First of all if you want shoot sound sync, be prepared to make some housing to make it more quiet. Secondary, for sound sync you have to use a stabilised motor (there is one model specialy made for this camera) it is not crystal ysnc but the variations are not too big, it takes 3 x 250 V DC, so probably you will have to make additional power converter for this. And second thing - if you still want to buy this camera, ask seller for the pictures of inside, because there is one big gear inside that can be dammaged and its quite hard to have it replaced. Right now I;m waiting for my lightmeter and reels to load the camera and make first shooting.

best regards
Pawel

Wooden Camera

Rig Wheels Passport

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Technodolly

Visual Products