#1 Steven P. Denny

Steven P. Denny
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Austin, TX

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:57 AM

I'm running through the Varicam's Battery Selection Menu to eliminate those batteries that I will not have to my service and trying to include the ones I will have. I have Dionic 90's and Hytron 140's. I do not see the Hytron listed in the menu. Does the Varicam not accept the Anton Bauer Hytron 140?

#2 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:19 AM

Sure it does; it just wasn't preprograqmmed into the camera. You can rename the various saved battery types and reset any and all values for them. But for the purposes of using a Hytron 140 it is functionally the same as a Hytron 120 or 100, so using the H100 setting will do you fine.

Why do you want to remoe the other settings. Don't use them, but you can just let them sit there. It won't help or hurt in any way.

#3 Steven P. Denny

Steven P. Denny
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Austin, TX

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:45 AM

Sure it does; it just wasn't preprograqmmed into the camera. You can rename the various saved battery types and reset any and all values for them. But for the purposes of using a Hytron 140 it is functionally the same as a Hytron 120 or 100, so using the H100 setting will do you fine.

Why do you want to remoe the other settings. Don't use them, but you can just let them sit there. It won't help or hurt in any way.

Thanks, Mitch....

The Goodman's Guide was presented to me as a thorough "bible" for the Varicam. On page 142 of the manual there is a warning highlighted in a red box that states: "Warning: If the setting of the BATTERY SELECT (5:2a) does not match the battery mounted on the camera, the run time of that battery will be drastically reduced."

With that in mind, I thought I must follow the instruction on that same page for initial camera set-up which is to go through the menu and eliminate those batteries not in my arsenal (for convenience of selection, I suppose) but it is strongly stated that the battery I do use should be the battery I have chosen in the menu. I do not see a Hytron series 140, so I suppose I will make sure "H100" is highlighted when I put that pack on.

Thanks you for educating a "film guy" trying to catch up to the HD world!

Steve

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC