#1 John Adolfi

John Adolfi
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Producer
  • Fulton, N.Y.

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:23 AM

Has anyone here personally had experience with the Max8 Beaulieu refurbished Beaulieu cameras? Are they even close to worth the $3500 retail? Anyone know to what extent they go through them? Modifications, modernizations? Is Max8 any different than SuperDuper8 (oh that hurts everytime I say or write it)?

#2 Rick Palidwor

Rick Palidwor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Director

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:57 PM

Has anyone here personally had experience with the Max8 Beaulieu refurbished Beaulieu cameras? Are they even close to worth the $3500 retail? Anyone know to what extent they go through them? Modifications, modernizations? Is Max8 any different than SuperDuper8 (oh that hurts everytime I say or write it)?

The differences, as I am aware, are that Pro8 recentres the lens and marks the viewfinder. Important improvements over the super-duper home-modification, but worth $3500? That's for each individual to decide. Super-duper gets my vote.
Rick

#3 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:19 PM

The differences, as I am aware, are that Pro8 recentres the lens and marks the viewfinder. Important improvements over the super-duper home-modification, but worth $3500? That's for each individual to decide. Super-duper gets my vote.
Rick

Ha! I can tell you its not worth $3500.00! MAX * is super duper 8, here what pro 8mm is doing
they remove the gate its tow screws and file it down to the MAX! on the left hand side, then the open the camera and offset the viewfinder, its a turn of a screw, any fool can do it! then they unscrew the viewer rear glass and remove the maker plate inside thats glues down, I dont know the name but then they flip it over and glue two tiny hire line wires across, one on top and one on the bottom, then they reinsert it into the viewer and it could only go one way! so the itching of the glass is a bull poop lie! then they remove the front mount where the lens screw in and offset the four holes and movie the mount over to the right a hair or two but to move it over you have to file the camera body a bit and the mount then you line it up buy looking through the film gate opening without the film gate installed to make sure the lens is lining up! all this takes a couple hours to do! I did it not once but three times with no problems! any questions feel free to ask! im the guy that started the big topic on filmshooting.com I was the one that figuard out that they was offseting the viewfinder! they call it max 8 cause you max it all the way but its not there invention or idea! its was the idea of some guy that you will find on filmshooting.com I dont remeber his name! this info is for the beaulieu 4008 only! dosent apply to any other camera and maxing out that gate on other cameras can cause problems! BEWARE!

Ritter Battery

Opal

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc