#1 Jizhong Zhang

Jizhong Zhang
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:44 AM

I saw a 80fps II c but how to Change the motor speed?? It don`t have adjustable shutter???and why the power supply adapter has three wires? and one can show me me how to connect? and I also want to know how many volt of the II c `s power supply? 12v? 24?

#2 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 08 March 2007 - 08:19 AM

I saw a 80fps II c but how to Change the motor speed?? ...........It don`t have adjustable shutter???and why the power supply adapter has three wires? and one can show me me how to connect? and I also want to know how many volt of the II c `s power supply? 12v? 24?

For 80fps you need an Arri Hi-Speed motor, the one with the external, round speed control box. The Cinema Electronics crystal motors will run 80fps also and I'm sure there are others available. Adjustable shutters are a fairly rare option on the IICV model. A 12 volt battery will drive the standard motors at 24fps but 16 volts is the actual rated voltage for the standard, variable speed handgrip and fixed speed motors. The Hi-Speed motor, the Tobin Crystal motor, and I believe the CE motor all require 24 volts. I can't help with the power supply adapter, many have had the plugs changed over the years, mine are set up for 4-pin XLR type plugs.

#3 Jizhong Zhang

Jizhong Zhang
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 18 March 2007 - 12:02 PM

For 80fps you need an Arri Hi-Speed motor, the one with the external, round speed control box. The Cinema Electronics crystal motors will run 80fps also and I'm sure there are others available. Adjustable shutters are a fairly rare option on the IICV model. A 12 volt battery will drive the standard motors at 24fps but 16 volts is the actual rated voltage for the standard, variable speed handgrip and fixed speed motors. The Hi-Speed motor, the Tobin Crystal motor, and I believe the CE motor all require 24 volts. I can't help with the power supply adapter, many have had the plugs changed over the years, mine are set up for 4-pin XLR type plugs.

Thank you very much :)

Aerial Filmworks

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineTape

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera