#1 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

here is the link

any questions feel free to ask! I know all about wide 16x9 modification on the beaulieu so if you want to max it let me know I will tell you how its done! if you want to crystal sync your beaulieu let me know! Im Alfredo aka AXP!

Edited by alfredoparra, 08 March 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#2 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:51 PM

just want to let you know that I installed this encoder and sync for a little over $100.00 and you can do it to!
if you need info email me!

Alfredo

#3 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:02 PM

feed back please!

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:07 AM

feed back please!

If you happen to have another of the identical camera available I would like to see what that area of the camera looks like before your installation goes in and I would like to see the actual piece of hardware prior to it being installed.

You also might want to add a graphic title card or two in the middle of the video explaining what the purpose is... 24 FPS crystal sync speed.

#5 Bernhard Zitz

Bernhard Zitz
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Other
  • Z├╝rich, Switzerland

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:04 AM

here is the link

due to the low quality of youtube I can't see a lot. Maybe some stills and drawings explain it better.

Sounds interesting, maybe a better aproach than using the flashsyncoutput to read the actual speed of the camera...

Do you keep the origninal motor?

what electronics are used to read the rotors output and how do you control the speed of the motor afterwards?

do you place the electronics inside the 4008, or is it external?

How precise is the clock of your electronics?

Where do you get the rotory encoder? is it the same thing mechanical computer mouses use?

cheers, Bernhard

Edited by Bernhard Zitz, 09 March 2007 - 07:05 AM.

#6 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:17 AM

If you happen to have another of the identical camera available I would like to see what that area of the camera looks like before your installation goes in and I would like to see the actual piece of hardware prior to it being installed.

You also might want to add a graphic title card or two in the middle of the video explaining what the purpose is... 24 FPS crystal sync speed.

you dont know what 24 fps? 24 frames per second is the speed that the film is exposed at, it is the standard speed (NTSC) nation television commision, running at 24 fps is the best speed because there is no flicker on the picture, the slower the speed the more flickering, ever watch super 8 footage flickering and then you watch a movie from the video store and it dont move? now for me to add more information on the video I would have to tape a clean shot and then transfer it into final cut pro and then render and upload, this takes to much time so thats why i upload stright live.

#7 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:36 PM

I do have anothor camera so you can see, the hardware is a diffrent story! when i buy another encoder I will video tape the installation step by step

due to the low quality of youtube I can't see a lot. Maybe some stills and drawings explain it better.

Sounds interesting, maybe a better aproach than using the flashsyncoutput to read the actual speed of the camera...

Do you keep the origninal motor?

what electronics are used to read the rotors output and how do you control the speed of the motor afterwards?

do you place the electronics inside the 4008, or is it external?

How precise is the clock of your electronics?

Where do you get the rotory encoder? is it the same thing mechanical computer mouses use?
cheers, Bernhard

The motor is the factory motor, the baisc stamp is the computer with memory and it sends a wave to and from the motor controller, once its programmed on the chip the memory stays even with no power!
the encoder tells the motor controller the speed and the basic stamp maintains the speed in real time!
so this is 24 fps in real time not a tobin sync thats a stepper motor, the basic stamp is connected
to your computer via usb or serial port, you program it and the software checks things out for you! then you disconnect and it stays in memory! you can control anything from anywhere!

Willys Widgets

Tai Audio

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

Glidecam

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Metropolis Post

CineLab

FJS International, LLC