Elmo 612S-XL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Martin (TX)

Aaron Martin (TX)
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

Hi --

Just bought an Elmo 612S-XL. I've never used an Elmo camera before, and I've got a quick question:

My camera is showing a small red square in the lower right hand corner of the viewfinder. Is this the "out of film" indicator? There isn't any film in the camera, and I don't have any to load in it (yet), so can someone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Aaron

#2 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

Hi --

Just bought an Elmo 612S-XL. I've never used an Elmo camera before, and I've got a quick question:

My camera is showing a small red square in the lower right hand corner of the viewfinder. Is this the "out of film" indicator? There isn't any film in the camera, and I don't have any to load in it (yet), so can someone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Aaron

go to filmshooting.com and download the instruction book, if the server is down make a request im sure someone there will emaill it to you

#3 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:24 PM

Hi --

Thanks,

Aaron

The other thing it could be is an over or undexposure indication. Put the camera in automatic mode and point it at something that is neither too dark nor overly bright and see if the red square disappears, if the red square does not disappear than you may be right in your initial observation.

You may also be able to "fool" the camera into responding as if it has film in it by pushing in the film sensor. I'm not sure where the film sensor is located however but you may be able to figure it out by looking. Sometimes the door acts as a secondary sensor so if the film is loaded but the door is open that could mess this suggestion up, but I doubt it.

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Aerial Filmworks

The Slider

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Technodolly

Glidecam

Tai Audio

FJS International, LLC

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS