#1 Chris Graham

Chris Graham
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Director

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

Hello people. :)

I'm helping with some side editing, and what was invested was a Pyro A/V Link by ADS Tech. It's pretty good for what it is, since I'm capturing off some old hi-8 camera and a library of tapes.

Anyhow, I'm only charging for the hour, and the client doesn't want to spend on anything extra, just what's given. So, I have a G4 Powerbook hooked up; two USB (2.0) 120GB hard drives. one is an iomega HDD 120gb on one USB port, and the other port a WD USB (2.0) 120GB hard drive. i'm not familiar with this setup since most of my captures is on a single 300+ SCSI harddrive on a dual G5 setup. but anyways...

so i'm scratching audio and render to one hard drive, and the other for video. when i capture the allocation to disc space is on hold, so i can't see the capture in real-time.

should i not be doing this way? is FW the standard? perhaps I should just shoot for one drive? hmmm thanks

#2 Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan

Andres Pardo aka Gral Treegan
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Director
  • Mexico DF

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

hi!
is better to have the hard disk connected with firewire cose is the standar data transfer rate to work with dv codec.

if youre using a hi8 or a low budget mini dv sometimes the TC of them dont work correctly so try capturion on the fly. in the device control preset, where says firewire ntsc or pal put non controlable device. this way you can work better.

bye!!
Gral. Treegan

Hello people. :)
I'm helping with some side editing, and what was invested was a Pyro A/V Link by ADS Tech. It's pretty good for what it is, since I'm capturing off some old hi-8 camera and a library of tapes.

Anyhow, I'm only charging for the hour, and the client doesn't want to spend on anything extra, just what's given. So, I have a G4 Powerbook hooked up; two USB (2.0) 120GB hard drives. one is an iomega HDD 120gb on one USB port, and the other port a WD USB (2.0) 120GB hard drive. i'm not familiar with this setup since most of my captures is on a single 300+ SCSI harddrive on a dual G5 setup. but anyways...

so i'm scratching audio and render to one hard drive, and the other for video. when i capture the allocation to disc space is on hold, so i can't see the capture in real-time.

should i not be doing this way? is FW the standard? perhaps I should just shoot for one drive? hmmm thanks

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Ritter Battery

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Willys Widgets

The Slider

CineTape

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Visual Products

rebotnix Technologies