#1 Michael Garcia

Michael Garcia

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

I graduated from film school last May and have had some luck shooting a couple of paid Spec Commercials and also several shorts and a feature, but the practicality of finding a real breakthrough gig without a lot of studio set experience seems pretty distant. So I have been trying to find work as a second or loader, but that seems to pose the same problem. I just want to work, I want to be able to find some paid loading gigs that can turn into more loading gigs and some second/loading gigs to start bringing in some money while I am beefing up my reel on low or no budget films that I DP.
So I guess what I am asking for is any insight, tips, jobs anything that can help a non-union guy into some work as a paid loader or Second. (I have experience in these positions as well that I have represented on my resume). I guess I just feel like I don't know where I should be looking to try and solve this problem. Absolutely any help in this area would be great! oh, and I am located in Los Angeles. thanks again!

Paralinx LLC

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Ritter Battery

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Opal

CineTape