I'm going too.

#3 adam berk

adam berk
  • Sustaining Members
  • 168 posts
  • Director

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

I'll be there, as always.

Maybe we could setup a get-together? I'm sure we've all got plenty already. It's always such a busy few days.... but maybe lunch or cocktails or something one day could be cool.

#4 Mitch Gross

Mitch Gross
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2873 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:57 AM

I'll be there at the Abel Cine Booth.

#5 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

How can you afford that then Phil , under paid under employed person that you are ?? :)

#6 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:24 AM

Phil and David,

Can I share a hotel room with you guys?

R,

#7 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11934 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:50 AM

> How can you afford that then Phil , under paid under employed person that you are ??

Becuase it's a tax writeoff!

Phil

#8 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

i see have a good time , i wont go to the states until Bush and his ilk are gone .

#9 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:12 PM

i see have a good time , i wont go to the states until Bush and his ilk are gone .

I couldn't resist one of these cheap flights to NY in April, but then again NY isn't really part of the US anyway ;)

#10 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

Max, Tut Tut.

#11 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:51 PM

Bad news John CNN just reported that Bush has been appointed president for life! All future elections have been suspended.

Bush issued a statement saying his first order of business was to get even with the UK for beating the US in the War of 1812. All English males ages 18-34 are to be drafted and sent to Iraq.

R,

#12 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:56 PM

Phew, i am in luck i am 56 but suppose will used as Dads Army . :D

#13 Leo Anthony Vale

Leo Anthony Vale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2010 posts
  • Other
  • Pittsburgh PA

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:45 PM

Phew, i am in luck i am 56 but suppose will used as Dads Army . :D

You could be drafted to drive trucks and brew cofee for Halliburton as a Guest Worker.

#14 John Holland

John Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2248 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • London England

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:51 PM

"Guest Worker " what in a small American corner of Cuba for instance ?

#15 Phil Rhodes

Phil Rhodes
  • Sustaining Members
  • 11934 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

Happily my disdain for the current US administration is matched only by my conviction as to their incompetence - they can take my fingerprints, then I'm sure the FBI will lose them, the CIA will give copies of them to Russian spies, the immigration service will ignore them and a filing clerk in Michigan will add them to the skyscraper-high stack of unprocessed I-94s and other such mindless impedimenta that the US government uses to make everyone's life as maximally paperwork-riven as it can possibly contrive to do.

This aspect of government is vastly superior in the UK - we need the european union to create a meaningless bureaucracy that size, so obviously we're going straight for it.

Phil

#16 Richard Boddington

Richard Boddington
  • Sustaining Members
  • 5482 posts
  • Director

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Happily my disdain for the current US administration is matched only by my conviction as to their incompetence - they can take my fingerprints, then I'm sure the FBI will lose them, the CIA will give copies of them to Russian spies, the immigration service will ignore them and a filing clerk in Michigan will add them to the skyscraper-high stack of unprocessed I-94s and other such mindless impedimenta that the US government uses to make everyone's life as maximally paperwork-riven as it can possibly contrive to do.

This aspect of government is vastly superior in the UK - we need the european union to create a meaningless bureaucracy that size, so obviously we're going straight for it.

Phil

Well Phil, the UK gave the world the idea of the modern civil service :)

R,

#17 Michael Most

Michael Most
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Phil, it's one thing to criticize companies, individuals, and institutions. It's another thing to come in here - in what is essentially a worldwide forum - and criticize a foreign government. You have absolutely no idea what life is like as an American, even though you seem to think you do. Some of us have some pride in where we come from (even if we criticize it), even if you don't. I don't see Americans - including myself - coming in here and pointing out how incompetant and pompous we might think the UK is. Don't come in here telling me that my country and my government is incompetant. You can think whatever you want about your own country, just as I can think whatever I want of mine. But I'm not interested in what you think of the US, and I'm not interested in your "disdain" for it, at least not here. So keep your bitterness and air of intellectual superiority concentrated on corporations and individuals, and just shut the hell up about things like foreign governments that you have little experience with or knowledge of.

#18 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

Unfortunately the US is not a foreign government, but a worldwide one. The whole world feels the repercusisons of their policies.

#19 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

While I agree generally with you, Mike, you have to remember that the U.S. is the dominant super power in the world, so what our government decides to do affects the lives of many other people worldwide, hence the interest in other countries with U.S. news, elections, etc.

The general population in the U.S. doesn't watch the election results come in of many other countries, yet these foreign populations seem to study our elections with as much interest as our own citizens (to our disgrace maybe...) So it's no wonder that everyone worldwide seems to have an opinion on the U.S. government activities -- to not do so would be like trying to not talk about the elephant sitting in the corner of your living room. With great power comes the need to put up with a lot of criticism...

#20 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

I would enjoy a trip to this NAB. It would be a good chance to meet professionals like David Mullen. Unfortunately my age restrains me from booking a plane ticket right now.

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Ritter Battery

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineTape

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Aerial Filmworks

Abel Cine

Visual Products