1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Rizos

Mike Rizos
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Other

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:52 PM

I've been trying to find a clip-on matte box for the Cooke 9-50 with no luck. I would prefer 3x3 with at least one stage rotating, but I can't find even a 4x4 that will fit.
The lens has an 83mm front, and it's hard to believe no adapter rings were made for the old Arri 3x3, and Chrozniel 4x4. I was told they only go to 80mm, and it may be possible to machine the opening to fit, but that will leave less than 1mm of metal left, which will probably break.
Since the lens was very popular for many years there has to be something out there.

New clip-on boxes, like from Cavision, or Formatt usually go to 82mm, and then jump to 100mm.
I'm trying to stay under $500 for this, any ideas?

#2 andres victorero

andres victorero
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Spain

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:29 AM

I've been trying to find a clip-on matte box for the Cooke 9-50 with no luck. I would prefer 3x3 with at least one stage rotating, but I can't find even a 4x4 that will fit.
The lens has an 83mm front, and it's hard to believe no adapter rings were made for the old Arri 3x3, and Chrozniel 4x4. I was told they only go to 80mm, and it may be possible to machine the opening to fit, but that will leave less than 1mm of metal left, which will probably break.
Since the lens was very popular for many years there has to be something out there.

New clip-on boxes, like from Cavision, or Formatt usually go to 82mm, and then jump to 100mm.
I'm trying to stay under $500 for this, any ideas?

I think that a 3x3 matte box/sunshade is a little slim. I work this lens with a 4x4 matte box.

A solution could be:
http://www.bhphotovi...oughType=search
and
http://www.bhphotovi...oughType=search

FJS International, LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Broadcast Solutions Inc