#1 Jack Honeycutt

Jack Honeycutt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:46 PM

Hello folks....

I have started a Auricon optical sound users group on yahoo. I am inviting anyone who is interested in Auricon optical sound, or just Auricon cameras in general, to join. We are a very small group of folks that are interested in the free exchange of information regarding all things Auricon. To reduce spam, I have it so that you need approval from the moderator (me) to join. I am sure I will approve all, this is just to keep the spam out. After that, you can post with out moderation. If you join, I hope you might post a introduction message about your self and tell us what you are working on, and your Auricon interest.

Here is the link:

http://movies.groups.../Auricon_Sound/

I have a large library of Auricon literature, and I would like move it on line. I hope others will join me. We also have a file, pictures, and links area.

Please join us. Polite conversation only please.

Jack Honeycutt
Portland Oregon
mailto:jhoneycutt@qwest.net

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:46 PM

I've heard of Auricon's in the past but don't know anything about them. Is the idea that with an Auricon one can shoot Optical sound on film live with everyday Kodak Film? If that is the case that is a very clever concept that perhaps would make an excellent subforum on this website.

It sounds like the ultimate low budget guerilla filmmaking path one could take while staying in a larger film format, or am I missing something?

#3 Jack Honeycutt

Jack Honeycutt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

I've heard of Auricon's in the past but don't know anything about them. Is the idea that with an Auricon one can shoot Optical sound on film live with everyday Kodak Film?

Yes!

If that is the case that is a very clever concept that perhaps would make an excellent subforum on this website.

Or, you could join in on the conversation at the above forum.

It sounds like the ultimate low budget guerilla filmmaking path one could take while staying in a larger film format, or am I missing something?

The old vacuum tube optical sound amps are heavy. They run on heavy dry cell batteries (or a converter). This was popular equipment for a newsmen to carry around in 1950-early 1970s. This stuff needs a hand truck to lug around.

jack

#4 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:44 PM

The old vacuum tube optical sound amps are heavy. They run on heavy dry cell batteries (or a converter). This was popular equipment for a newsmen to carry around in 1950-early 1970s. This stuff needs a hand truck to lug around.

jack

Yeah, Guerilla filmmaking. :D

#5 Jack Honeycutt

Jack Honeycutt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

Yeah, Guerilla filmmaking. :D

The Gorilla filmmakers out where I live would rather film with a small HD or SD DV camera that they can hold in the palm of your hand.

Auricon equipment is not that. ;)
jack

#6 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

Gorilla arms inc. would be film grips used to Auricons.

I just got my 'kit' out of the closet. Now I'm resting on line. Do you have any idea just how big a 1200 foot film magazine is for the Auricon? It is the single largest piece in the set and that includes the boxes.

Michael

#7 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 19 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

Gorilla arms inc. would be film grips used to Auricons.

I just got my 'kit' out of the closet. Now I'm resting on line.....
Michael

That was too funny.

I wonder how much heavy breathing can be heard in the background whenever one of these cameras was actually filming.

#8 Zane Belton

Zane Belton

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Student

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:34 PM

Hey, does anybody here know Mark Albert's e-mail? I tried contacting him on his webpage but the code wasn't working. I want to buy a power adapter for my NR-A7 amp. 

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

CineLab

Paralinx LLC

The Slider

Opal