2 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Holland

Josh Holland
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Other

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:44 AM

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some books or resources that discuss film processing and techniques? I want to learn more about silver retention, adding a slight fog to a neg, or bleach bypass and much more.

I've orded the book Image Control: Motion Picture And Video Filter Lab Techniques hoping that it will answer a lot of my questions; however, are there any other books that discuss the process and artistic reasons for choosing a certain method.

Does Kodak or Fuji distribute any reference guides?

-Gracias

#2 Robert Houllahan

Robert Houllahan
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1626 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Providence R.I.

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:59 AM

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some books or resources that discuss film processing and techniques? I want to learn more about silver retention, adding a slight fog to a neg, or bleach bypass and much more.

I've orded the book Image Control: Motion Picture And Video Filter Lab Techniques hoping that it will answer a lot of my questions; however, are there any other books that discuss the process and artistic reasons for choosing a certain method.

Does Kodak or Fuji distribute any reference guides?

-Gracias

There is allot of reference information on Kodak's website under the motion picture imaging department. I think Dominic Case from Atlab, and a frequent poster here, has a book in circulation. There are/were many books published on a wide range of photochemical process and techniques. I am sure there is a wealth of this kind of information at the public library there were many very good books on photography published in the 60' and 70's.

-Rob-

#3 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 20068 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:08 AM

There is allot of reference information on Kodak's website under the motion picture imaging department. I think Dominic Case from Atlab, and a frequent poster here, has a book in circulation.

"Film Technology in Post Production" by Dominic Case.

Kodak publications:
http://www.kodak.com...ers/index.jhtml

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

CineLab

CineTape

Visual Products

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Aerial Filmworks