bhaskar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • india

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:10 AM

Hi dear senior's and friends,
I need by light meter can u please sugest me to witch meter shal i buy, and my budget is $US200.

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19761 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 24 March 2007 - 10:02 AM

bhaskar, you need to edit your Display Name under My Controls to a real first and last name, as per the forum rules.

#3 Luka Sanader

Luka Sanader
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Montreal

Posted 25 March 2007 - 11:54 PM

Hi
That is limited budget and you didn?t specify type of meter (incident or spot or new style combo). I am afraid that for 200$ is impossible to get anything worth of money except Sekonic Studio Deluxe III; it can be your ?safety? meter when you get something in higher price range, so you don?t waste your money. Used meter is always a liability if you intend to use single light meter on shooting. Anyhow there are lot of different opinions on light meters in cinematography and styles of ?measuring? lights? My main instruments are Minolta Spotmiter F and Spectra IVa.
And then rest of meters: Minolta Colormeter III, BS Flickermeter ( not photometer, but it is very useful tool especially with HMI?s and generator), Sekonic Studiodeluxe (work horse with no need for battery and silicon photocell is color ?blind?). To make conclusion; if I was to pick only one to work with for the rest of days, it would be Sekonic Delux and I would be happy.

Cheers

Luka Sanader

#4 Hal Smith

Hal Smith
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • OKC area

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:01 AM

Hi dear senior's and friends,
I need by light meter can u please sugest me to witch meter shal i buy, and my budget is $US200.

Spectra calibrates their meters for $50 (US). It's practical to buy an older working Spectra like a Combi-II (good meter, I own one as well as a IV-a) and send it to them for a fresh calibration.

#5 bhaskar

bhaskar
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • india

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:25 AM

Hi
That is limited budget and you didn?t specify type of meter (incident or spot or new style combo). I am afraid that for 200$ is impossible to get anything worth of money except Sekonic Studio Deluxe III; it can be your ?safety? meter when you get something in higher price range, so you don?t waste your money. Used meter is always a liability if you intend to use single light meter on shooting. Anyhow there are lot of different opinions on light meters in cinematography and styles of ?measuring? lights? My main instruments are Minolta Spotmiter F and Spectra IVa.
And then rest of meters: Minolta Colormeter III, BS Flickermeter ( not photometer, but it is very useful tool especially with HMI?s and generator), Sekonic Studiodeluxe (work horse with no need for battery and silicon photocell is color ?blind?). To make conclusion; if I was to pick only one to work with for the rest of days, it would be Sekonic Delux and I would be happy.

Cheers

Luka Sanader

hi dear sir,
thank u for ur great information, can i get second handeld 'sekonic' lightmeter on that price.

#6 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19761 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:07 AM

"bhaskar", you need to edit your Display Name under My Controls to a real first and last name, as per the forum rules.

If you keep ignoring this request, eventually your account will be deleted, just so you know.

If you first name is really long, you may get away with a shortened version.

Aerial Filmworks

Rig Wheels Passport

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Wooden Camera

Willys Widgets

Ritter Battery

Broadcast Solutions Inc

The Slider

Abel Cine

Opal