#1 Scott Tranchitella

Scott Tranchitella

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Producer

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:30 PM

I am using a Panasonic WV-F500 with AU-45 MII Desk and I noticed the B-Stretch setting in the Head unit menu. What does this do? Anyone have a WV-F500 manual?

Thanks

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 24 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

I am using a Panasonic WV-F500 with AU-45 MII Desk and I noticed the B-Stretch setting in the Head unit menu. What does this do? Anyone have a WV-F500 manual?

Thanks

You'll probably want to leave that the black stretch in the "on" position at all times. To see what the black stretch does, simply point the camera at a contrasty scene and then turn the Black stretch setting on and off. What you will probably see is lower level black level signals blend together into one black glob of no definition when black stretch is turned off.

Where you will probably notice how hideous having the black stretch off is when shooting someone with black matted hair. Assuming your camera was from the 90's era, it is possible that your camera will instantly create a 70's look with the black stretch turned off. I don't know if panasonic with the black stretch off put out as grim a picture as the Hitachi Z-one-C did with it's black stretch off, but if it did, you will just want to leave it "on" at all times because you can always crush the signal when you edit, but uncrushing what you did while shooting basically becomes impossible.

Ritter Battery

rebotnix Technologies

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

CineLab

Wooden Camera

The Slider

FJS International, LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Visual Products