Photo

Adapting a 100mm Lomo (Kinor 35) to anamorphic?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:27 PM

I remember reading somewhere that round front 100 and 150mm Lomo anamorphic lenses where mearly Lomo sphereical lenses with an anamorphic rear element added on. My question is can one turn a 100 or 150mm sphereical lens into an anamorphic lens simply by adding the anamorphic rear and collumnating it or is there more to it than that? If so, could one build an anamorphic adapter by adding a oct-19 female portion of the mount to the front of the anamorphic rear element so that one could use the lens as eather a sphereical or anamophic lens whenever the situation called for a change rather than dedicating one lens as anamorphic and buying another in the same milimeter size to remain sphereical?

#2 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

OOPPPS, found the information right here on this site under FAQ in Max's list of anamorphic lens decriptions. A 100mm and 150mm Lomo anamorphic is actually a 75mm with an extender added to it, so let me rephrase the question: Could you add a OCT-19 female mount to the extender, lock on a 75mm anamorphic and turn it into a 100 or 150mm anamorphic. I have my doubts if that's possible, but in the interest of trying to save money, I had to ask. B)

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 27 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

I remember reading somewhere that round front 100 and 150mm Lomo anamorphic lenses where mearly Lomo sphereical lenses with an anamorphic rear element added on. My question is can one turn a 100 or 150mm sphereical lens into an anamorphic lens simply by adding the anamorphic rear and collumnating it or is there more to it than that? If so, could one build an anamorphic adapter by adding a oct-19 female portion of the mount to the front of the anamorphic rear element so that one could use the lens as eather a sphereical or anamophic lens whenever the situation called for a change rather than dedicating one lens as anamorphic and buying another in the same milimeter size to remain sphereical?

Not need create of bicycle.
You can buy of original anamorphic 100 mm and 150m lenses and don't have problem.
The transformation of spherical lens on anamorphic can be by front or rear anamorphic adapters or dividual optical components.
The front anamorphic adapters not cut of speed of base lens.
The rear anamoprhic adapters will cut of speed of lens.
from other side, the lens most have a long rear distance for install of anamorphic components and more other.
That's why, If the designer of lens propose of lens with spherical and anamorphic versions, you can use this.
If not, you can open of design office and create of modification of lens from spherical on anamorphic version.
Theoretically, this is possible, but, from practical side, you will need think about many problems.

#4 James Steven Beverly

James Steven Beverly
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4199 posts
  • Director
  • El Paso, Texas

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:41 PM

That's what I figured. Thanks for the input, Olex.

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Metropolis Post

Visual Products

Opal

Willys Widgets

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies