#1 Al DeLory

Al DeLory
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

Hey hey,
Can anyone point me in the right direction in finding a manual for a Canon 312 XL-S Canosound Super-8 camera? In fact, does anyone know of an online camera manual resource one can access without having to pay for someone to mail me a copy?

Al DeLory

#2 Alessandro Machi

Alessandro Machi
  • Sustaining Members
  • 3318 posts
  • Other
  • California

Posted 04 April 2007 - 01:16 AM

Hey hey,
Can anyone point me in the right direction in finding a manual for a Canon 312 XL-S Canosound Super-8 camera? In fact, does anyone know of an online camera manual resource one can access without having to pay for someone to mail me a copy?

Al DeLory

There are other super-8 websites that makes some manuals available. In regards to the camera you speak of, it is more of a "basic" camera and therefore it may not be too complicated to learn, even for beginners, however, it does make sense to make such a manual available for beginners.

I notice in your signature that you are involved in a film cooperative. The irony of the situation, and I apologize if it sounds like I am coming down on you, but if you are teaching others to shoot film cameras and receive any kind of community funding at all, why not spread the wealth a little bit and pay a small fee for a manual as this helps keep Super-8 a viable format in which some people can make a few crumbs off of it while providing a service to you and others, and this helps keep film alive.

If you are completely donating your time, perhaps there still is a petty cash fun available for essential needs such as a super-8 manual. You can also try a google search... "Canon 312 XL-S" "camera manual"

Paralinx LLC

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Visual Products

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Glidecam

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

CineTape

The Slider

Ritter Battery

Abel Cine