2 replies to this topic

#1 Antonio Bunt

Antonio Bunt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:59 PM

Does anyone know about a good dealer of recans and short-ends in the LA area? And by good I mean honest! Thanks a lot!

#2 Corey Bringas

Corey Bringas
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 02 April 2007 - 04:07 PM

I usually use Media Distributors. They have great rates. I also know people who use Dr. Raw Stock with equally good prices.

#3 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:40 PM

I have used both rawstock and media distrabutors. Both good companies, but I prefered Media distrabutors, they really went the extra mile for me. They pulled thousands of feet of film for me, sent it out, and when they realized that shipping 2 day air would actually be 3 to alaska (putting my film in the fedex building over the weekend) they, without telling me first, bumped me up to overnight air and dropped the price of the film to make up the difference. Going that extra mile to ensure the best quality film really left an impression on me. Add to that they sent me one roll of 7218 when I ordered 7217 (not entirely their fault, the can was labeled with the same color tape as the 7217) When I alerted them of the mistake, they immediatley shipped out a replacement can of 7217 and let me keep the extra can. Everyones bound to make a mistake now and then, but how you deal with that really speaks to charecter. I was really blown away by them, not many businesses in any industry are so honest and helpful. (no I don't work for them, but I suppose I am paying back their good work with good word of mouth.)

Opal

The Slider

Wooden Camera

Tai Audio

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Glidecam

Visual Products

Ritter Battery