#1 Stacy R Fillion

Stacy R Fillion
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Student
  • Burnaby B.C.

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

Hello I just recently purchased a 16mm 70-dr and it came with a 25mm f/2.7 Animar Balcote lens. My question is that it only has a ring for f-stop and nothing to set feet at. Is the lens constructed to always be in focus no matter what stop your using?

#2 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:45 PM

Hello I just recently purchased a 16mm 70-dr and it came with a 25mm f/2.7 Animar Balcote lens. My question is that it only has a ring for f-stop and nothing to set feet at. Is the lens constructed to always be in focus no matter what stop your using?

It is no doubt intended for amateur point and shoot filming, and the focus is likely at 25 feet. So as long as you are stopped down a bit for filming in daylight, something like 12 feet to infinity should be in reasonable focus. In very bright sunlight at say f/22 you would be okay filming something that was just a few feet away. Your exposure time is 1/42 at 24 FPS so you will be stopping down more than with most cameras. I don't have any depth of field tables handy or I could be more specific.

#3 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 06 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

There are some "fixed focus" lenses intended to make it easier to do home movies. the focus is probaly designed to be about 10 feet, which at smaller stops will cover a lot....

Sugest finding a better lens. if you actually want to use the unit.

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

CineLab

rebotnix Technologies

Opal

Visual Products

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Wooden Camera