#1 Adrian Barry

Adrian Barry
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:37 AM

Hi,

Having just finished my BA Hons in film production at the arts institute of Bournemouth I feel the next logical step is to attempt to get into the NFTS as it will allow me to further my skills as an aspiring DP. I am however debating whether two more years in education will be more beneficial than 2 more years in the industry.

Background:
While studying at the arts Institute (Bournemouth Screen Academy) I have been taught and used extensively 16mm as well as a large range of lighting equipment (every thing from Dedos to 5ks to spacelights). I have worked on several occasions with the Pee wee chapman, Kingfisher, and Elemacs as well as working with Bickers and a range of vehicle mounts. I have been DP to 6 short films ranging from 40 seconds to 20 minutes, all of which on 16mm and of a reasonable budget (£100-£9000). I have also obtained industry experience in both film and television.
(would this meet the criteria?)

Question:
1. Could any one please give me an insight into the criteria of the students The NFTS looks for?
2. How often does the school allow you to work with 35mm
3. Is the two years at the school better than two years of industry work

Finally
I understand the course prospectus offers a lot of answers but to the best of my knowledge these are normally full of propaganda and the best people to ask are members of the course or others that have been in my situation.

Adrian Barry
adriansmbarry@googlemail.com

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Ritter Battery

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

CineLab

Metropolis Post

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine