2 replies to this topic

#1 Chance Shirley

Chance Shirley
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Director

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:26 AM

I have a feature-length film on disk as a large QuickTime file (BlackMagic 8-bit uncompressed NTSC, 23.976 fps).

Can anyone recommend a North American post-production house to take the disk, convert the file to 25 fps PAL, and output it to a PAL DigiBeta tape? I know plenty of post houses that do NTSC, but not really any that can handle PAL.

#2 Jan Weis

Jan Weis
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Student
  • Uppsala, Sweden

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:22 PM

The only lab I know of that does PAL is http://www.posthouse.com/

/Jan

#3 jan von krogh

jan von krogh
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Producer

Posted 12 April 2007 - 01:40 PM

I have a feature-length film on disk as a large QuickTime file (BlackMagic 8-bit uncompressed NTSC, 23.976 fps).

Can anyone recommend a North American post-production house to take the disk, convert the file to 25 fps PAL, and output it to a PAL DigiBeta tape? I know plenty of post houses that do NTSC, but not really any that can handle PAL.

Hello, we are in the EU (Germany), but we do offer that service.
We provide 10bit NTSC blackmagic decklink and HD blackmagic decklink to PAL DigiBeta, DVD, HDCAM and HDCAM SR.

we mainly offer that service before berlinale and the other mayor European festivals.
Most customers from the americas however don´t send disk, but transmit their movies electronically (we have 32 Mbit donstream here) a week or so before they need their tape and we fedex the tapes to the festivals then.

I am not in that dept, but if you are interested just leave me a mail and i will forward it to the mastering folks.

don´t know the exact prices but if i remember correctly it was in the 300-400 bucks range with 23.97->25P framerate conversion and quadchannel soundexpand.

Another tip - checkout the studios of the mayor European broadcasters in your area (ARD, BBC, ZDF, TF1, RAI etc). they often have PAL digibetas in their foreign studios and rent them out.

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

Paralinx LLC

Opal

Metropolis Post

rebotnix Technologies

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS