#1 Scott Bryant

Scott Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Other
  • Nevada

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

Hey i'm looking at selling my Beaulieu R16, I purchased it right around a year ago. I recently shot 100ft test roll through it and the image came back great. It has a 200ft mag. in good condition (label missing but thats only for aesthetics). It has a 60Hz crystal pilote generator, 12.5mm 1:1.3 Computar lens ( not the best i know), rand new in the box Fujinon 1:1.8 TV lens. New battery and charger about 1 year old. What do you guys think? do you need pictures? There are a couple of slight scratches to the outside (normal wear and tear) other than that everything is working smoothly and good according to what i've seen testing the camera. Any ideas of a price range i should look at? Thanks.
-Scott

#2 Scot McPhie

Scot McPhie
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:46 AM

The camera and mag are your strong points, the lenses are your weak points. The synch pilot - is that a crystal synch or the pilot tone generator -- I'm thinking it's the latter. I haven't followed the eBay prices lately but I think you would probably get around $500US. Anyone been following the auctions more than me?

Good luck :-)

Scot

#3 Bill Totolo

Bill Totolo
  • Sustaining Members
  • 698 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:58 PM

They vary depending on condition and the reputation of the seller.
They currently seem to be going between $500 - $1,200 on ebay.

#4 Aaron Hultin

Aaron Hultin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • Other
  • Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Posted 13 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

I watch eBay for Beaulieu's fairly often. One of the factors that seems to effect the final sale price is the actual photographs of the items themselves. I picked up a mint condition Beaulieu R16 PZ for $550 USD. The pictures of the item were quite poor, and I think this affected the bidders. However, just the other day, a 'regular' (non PZ read: no power zoom, no auto exposure) in 'fair' condition went for about $1200 because the seller had posted nice pics of the camera actually being used on set with a director behind the lens, and some crew milling about. The pictures were more 'exciting' and I believe helped to fuel the dreams of the bidders, a great looking camera actually being used on set, rather than sitting around in a dark closet somewhere. So this is something to keep in mind when you are selling, try and get some really nice photos of the item in question. Also, like other replies have mentioned, they really do vary greatly. I would probably try and list when there are no other ones available, and be sure to set a reserve you can live with, just in case!

Good luck.

#5 Ole Dost

Ole Dost
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2007 - 03:21 PM

I sold mine two months ago via EBay. A Beaulieu R16 with 200ft Mag, bag, battery, charger and 6 lenses: 12mm, Schneider 25mm, Schneider 50mm, Schneider 75mm Makro, Schneider 150mm and Kern Switar 75mm (high speed). I got about 1100 $ for the whole kit.

Aerial Filmworks

rebotnix Technologies

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Wooden Camera

Opal

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Abel Cine

CineTape

Ritter Battery

Visual Products