#1 chad mitchner

chad mitchner

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:35 PM

i recently purchased a K-3 shot a roll of film and had it developed. the strage thing was the whole roll was black, except for about 20 feet in the roll there was one expose frame, and then after about 30 mor feet another cingular frame was there. now my question is, if the shutter seems to be working and the motor is working, what could be the problem? i don t think it is dealing with exposure nor do i believe it was a development problem since two random frames came out, and suggestions?

#2 Clive Tobin

Clive Tobin
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  • Industry Rep
  • Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

i recently purchased a K-3 shot a roll of film and had it developed. the strage thing was the whole roll was black, except for about 20 feet in the roll there was one expose frame...

Just a guess, but it sounds like the film was very badly underexposed but the image became visible when the camera stopped with the shutter open once in a while, when the spring ran down, giving a long exposure.

You did thread the film with the lighter side towards the lens I hope? Kodak used to make camera spools that were round on one side and square on the other so the spool couldn't be mounted the wrong way round. I don't know why they stopped.

#3 chad mitchner

chad mitchner

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Student

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

Just a guess, but it sounds like the film was very badly underexposed but the image became visible when the camera stopped with the shutter open once in a while, when the spring ran down, giving a long exposure.

You did thread the film with the lighter side towards the lens I hope? Kodak used to make camera spools that were round on one side and square on the other so the spool couldn't be mounted the wrong way round. I don't know why they stopped.

Thank you for the response, it actually made me think differently about what the problem could be. i think it is possible that i was an idiot and set my meter wrong and overreacted. i just sent a roll out with what i believe will be the right exposure, or at least i hope. ill find out in about an hour. thank you again.

Broadcast Solutions Inc

CineLab

Opal

Ritter Battery

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Visual Products

The Slider

FJS International, LLC