• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Max Jacoby

Max Jacoby
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2955 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:39 AM

Please find below the link to a petition asking for Apichatpong Weerasethakul's new film 'Syndroms and a Century to be released in Thailand without cuts.

http://www.PetitionO...t/petition.html

Besides having the most unpronounceable name in film history, Apichatpong Weerasethakul (I actually had cut and paste that name) is the best known Thai director and one of the most interesting art filmmakers working today. His films have been selected for Cannes and Venice among others and he won the 'Un Certain Regard' Prize and the Jury Price for his films in 2003 and 2004 in Cannes.

#2 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:45 AM

Please find below the link to a petition asking for Apichatpong Weerasethakul's new film 'Syndroms and a Century to be released in Thailand without cuts.

http://www.PetitionO...t/petition.html

Besides having the most unpronounceable name in film history, Apichatpong Weerasethakul (I actually had cut and paste that name) is the best known Thai director and one of the most interesting art filmmakers working today. His films have been selected for Cannes and Venice among others and he won the 'Un Certain Regard' Prize and the Jury Price for his films in 2003 and 2004 in Cannes.

I don't know this filmmaker but I read the petition, looked at some of the signatures, read the
filmmaker's statement and I think that Max has always been a sane and informed voice on this
forum so I would encourage everybody else to check it out and sign the petition.

#3 Sam Wells

Sam Wells
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1751 posts
  • Cinematographer

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:20 AM

Not only is the cause a good one but Apichatpong (sometimes called Joe) Weerasethakul is a great filmmaker as Max says. I'm looking forward to seeing "Syndromes and a Century" but have seen "Mysterious Object At Noon" "Blissfully Yours" and "Tropical Malady" - very unique work.

-Sam

#4 Mariano Nante

Mariano Nante
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Other

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:22 AM

I have seen the film and I didn't like it at all. Nevertheless, Apichatpong's previous work is very interesting and he deserves to be treated as one of the most innovative filmmakers out there. So everybody should not only sign the petition but start watching his films!

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

Visual Products

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Tai Audio

Opal

Rig Wheels Passport

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera