#1 J Lund

J Lund
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Student
  • Savannah, GA

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:18 AM

If there isn't already, I believe there should be a sub-forum dedicated to 35mm adapters for DV. (If there are discussion boards about these please steer me to them, because, for the life of me I cannot find them)

Adapters such as the Redrock Micro and the P+S Technik Pro and Mini 35mm lens adapters are definately a valuable tool for digital filmmakers to use to bring the playing field of the digital medium much closer to that of film.

So, if possible, can we create a sub-forum dedicated to lens adapters for the digital medium?

Thanks,

Justin

#2 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:37 AM

If there isn't already, I believe there should be a sub-forum dedicated to 35mm adapters for DV. (If there are discussion boards about these please steer me to them, because, for the life of me I cannot find them)

Adapters such as the Redrock Micro and the P+S Technik Pro and Mini 35mm lens adapters are definately a valuable tool for digital filmmakers to use to bring the playing field of the digital medium much closer to that of film.

So, if possible, can we create a sub-forum dedicated to lens adapters for the digital medium?
Thanks,

Justin

why waste the forum space? those companies that make the adapters have forums already

#3 Tim Tyler

Tim Tyler

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Olympia, WA (US)

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

Usually new sub forums are created here when one of the parent forums (General Descussion, SD, HD, etc.) fills up with a group of topics that could be sub-categorized. So if we every get a few dozen threads about 35mm adapters for DV, then it'll make sense.

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Opal

CineLab

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc