Looking for a Auricon magazine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Carter

Michael Carter
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

I use a Auricon Pro 600 Optical SOF camera, but the M 77-4 magazine makes noise. It has a wobbly take up shaft. That is not good for sound recording in a studio. I'd like to have it fixed or get another that is quiet. Would anyone be willing to sell or trade with me? 400 foot or 600 foot it does not matter. I'll take either. I already have the 1200 and don't want another. Thanks.
Michael Carter.

#2 Charles MacDonald

Charles MacDonald
  • Sustaining Members
  • 1157 posts
  • Other
  • Stittsville Ontario Canada

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

I use a Auricon Pro 600 Optical SOF camera, but the M 77-4 magazine makes noise. It has a wobbly take up shaft. That is not good for sound recording in a studio. I'd like to have it fixed or get another that is quiet. Would anyone be willing to sell or trade with me? 400 foot or 600 foot it does not matter. I'll take either. I already have the 1200 and don't want another. Thanks.
Michael Carter.

Could it be an assembly problem? Is the shaft really bent if you pull it out of the mag?

#3 chuck colburn

chuck colburn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Other
  • orygun

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

Michael Carter.

Michael,

Have you or someone else you know taking apart the spindle assembly? Just wondering if some pieces are missing in there. Anyhow it's a real basic mechanical piece as a whole and any camera tech or machinist would be able to fix it right up. Even if they had to replace the oilite bush or make a sleeve for a worn axle it is really no big deal.

Chuck

Oh yeah, and I agree with Charles (always liked that name) that the chance of a spindle being bent is rather low.

Edited by chuck colburn, 08 May 2007 - 09:15 PM.

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Visual Products

The Slider

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

FJS International, LLC

Glidecam

Opal

Willys Widgets

rebotnix Technologies

Technodolly