Photo

I Need Battery Advice For My Arri-BLEQ =)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Curtis Johnson

Curtis Johnson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Director

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:51 PM

Hello Friends,

I've Been Reading All Your Posts For Quite Sometime, But This Is My First Official Post =).

I Recently Acquired An Arri-BLEQ And I Need To Get A Battery For It.

Are There Any That You Would Recomend?

I Was Looking At The Bescor 12 Volt Battery Belt, Are These Any Good?

Also, I'm From Los Angeles So If You Know Of A Place Local That Sells Them, That Would Be Even Better.

Thanks So Much For Your Help Everyone,
~CJ

#2 Kenny N Suleimanagich

Kenny N Suleimanagich
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

Sorry this isn't any help, but may I ask why You Always Use Capital Letters At The Beginning Of Every Word?

#3 Chris_Burket

Chris_Burket
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Other

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:13 PM

If you have a 12 volt camera, the possibilities are endless. You could use a lot of different batteries. I depends on how you feel about weight, and how long you want the batteries to last. If you want to go with a cheap option, get a 12 volt lead acid battery, put a fuse and an XLR connector on it and drop it in some sort of container (pelican's are great). You could get a battery with anywhere from 4.5 amp/hours for $25 to one that has 30 amp/hours for $100+. Also remember that the more amp/hours, the heavier it is as well.

#4 Fran Kuhn

Fran Kuhn
  • Sustaining Members
  • 352 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:29 AM

Hello Friends,

Also, I'm From Los Angeles So If You Know Of A Place Local That Sells Them, That Would Be Even Better.

Thanks So Much For Your Help Everyone,
~CJ

Hi Curtis,

Try Victory Cine Battery Corp. in Burbank area: http://victorycinevi...y.com/index.htm

Just be sure to get the proper voltage. I know many of the Arris have 8.3 volt motors, though some later models are 12 volt. Running 12 volts through the 8.3 motor may work for a while but this can damage the motor. In either case, Victory will be able to make the right battery for you.

Fran

#5 Tim Carroll

Tim Carroll
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2165 posts
  • Other
  • Chicago, Illinois

Posted 09 May 2007 - 08:34 AM

Hi Curtis,

Try Victory Cine Battery Corp. in Burbank area: http://victorycinevi...y.com/index.htm

Just be sure to get the proper voltage. I know many of the Arris have 8.3 volt motors, though some later models are 12 volt. Running 12 volts through the 8.3 motor may work for a while but this can damage the motor. In either case, Victory will be able to make the right battery for you.

Fran

Fran,

Have you dealt with them? Their web page is scary. Tons of typos, words left out. I thought, since they mention they just moved, that maybe they threw a page up in a hurry without having time to check everything. Then I read that they moved back in 2005. I hope their batteries are better than their web page.

-Tim

#6 Fran Kuhn

Fran Kuhn
  • Sustaining Members
  • 352 posts
  • Other

Posted 09 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Fran,

Have you dealt with them? Their web page is scary. Tons of typos, words left out. I thought, since they mention they just moved, that maybe they threw a page up in a hurry without having time to check everything. Then I read that they moved back in 2005. I hope their batteries are better than their web page.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I've had them build two belts for my Arri S/Bs, one 8.3 volt and on 12 volt (for use with a Tobin 12v motor). They did a really great job and I've never had any problems with the belts.

-Fran

Willys Widgets

Glidecam

The Slider

Opal

Tai Audio

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly

Rig Wheels Passport

Metropolis Post

FJS International, LLC

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS