Canon 1014XLS value?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mimitch

mimitch
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 05:49 PM

Hello all,

I have a Canon 1014XLS that is in excellent condition and hardley used over the last 10 years. I'm thinking about selling it, but was wondering about it's value... I know it's amongst the most sought after Super-8 cameras out there.. but there are currently none I can find for sale anywhere.

Any Ideas?

#2 George White

George White
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Other

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:09 PM

Not much in the way of data points, but one sold 4 days ago on eBay for $152. Seller is in the Netherlands, camera as-is with one known problem. Another from Canda sold for about $650. Also saw one that went in the high 200's near the end of April. To find them you need to search under "Completed listings" and try variations on the spacing and hyphens in the model number or search "canon super 8" and weed thru a couple of pages.

--george

#3 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

In mint condition and fullt functioning I'd expect it to easily achieve $500.00. :)

#4 Douglas Hunter

Douglas Hunter
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

I've been watching the prices for these cameras over the past year on ebay and I think the lowest I've seen for a good condition one is $390 and the highest I've seen is over $600. The over $600 was the result of a bidding war.

I do worry though when you say its barely been used in the past 10 years and that its in great condition. It goes without saying that the camera will need to be services but also the electronics could have problems that you are simply unaware of, because you've barely used it. from the buyers point of view, it would be cool if you have the camera checked out before you sell it. OR offer a refund if the buyer finds problems that you didn't know about.

CineLab

Glidecam

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Technodolly

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Wooden Camera

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Paralinx LLC