No replies to this topic

#1 Curtis Bouvier

Curtis Bouvier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • Industry Rep

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:45 AM

Just curious of how many of you have a logo or trademark? or even your own website in support of your work?

I've been working on a logo for about 8 months now. I've looked through 1000's of fonts and finally come across something suitable.

So I'm just kind of curious as to how you people have approached this. Did you find it was worth it? Maybe having a web page as well, where people can view your work.

Would I call it my company? or does a company mean you have to be making money or profiting from what you do?

I got incredibly lucky and got the domain (.com), seeing how almost everything I tried was taken. Bluestar Films was taken, Bluestar Pictures was taken, bluestar itself, I managed to get a hold of Bluestar Cinema tho.

Basically my plan is to have my own logo/name and website where people can view my work for free. The purpose of my work is to create short films and canadian documentaries. This is what I love to do in my spare time and I would like to have my own logo and name to resemble my work.

I'm kind of scared to show my logo around incase some one might try to steal it or something, but at the same time I'm curious as to what other people think of it...

have any of you had similer experiences? what would you people reccomend?

how much does it cost to trademark a title of any kind? if thats even possible without actually owning a business...

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

Opal

FJS International, LLC

Metropolis Post

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Visual Products

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Aerial Filmworks