#1 Michael Melson

Michael Melson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

I was searching through the posts trying, almost in vain, to find a distributor that carries primes for the 1M, when I came across a post where a guest mentioned having a c-mount adapter for his 1M.

http://www.cinematog...n...&hl=c-mount

"I have the 1M with new lenses mounted on it. I got an adapter to allow me to put any C-mount lenses on the camera, then I bought some new Arsat 35mm lenses and stuck them on the 1M."

So my questions are:
Has anyone else used a c-mount adapter for their Konvas?
Does anybody know where can I get one?
How well do c-mount lenses cover the 35mm format?

Edited by Michael Melson, 16 May 2007 - 01:08 PM.

#2 chuck colburn

chuck colburn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Other
  • orygun

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:17 PM

I was searching through the posts trying, almost in vain, to find a distributor that carries primes for the 1M, when I came across a post where a guest mentioned having a c-mount adapter for his 1M.

http://www.cinematog...n...&hl=c-mount

"I have the 1M with new lenses mounted on it. I got an adapter to allow me to put any C-mount lenses on the camera, then I bought some new Arsat 35mm lenses and stuck them on the 1M."

So my questions are:

"C" mount lenses are for 16mm cameras, their flange focal depth is .690".

#3 Olex Kalynychenko

Olex Kalynychenko
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:27 PM

So my questions are:

C-mount lenses not possible to use with Konvas-1M and any other 35 mm reflex cine camera ( the reflex 16 mm cine cameras with mirror disk not compatible too ) because, C-mount lenses have short flange focal distance and cover 16 mm film gate only.

That's why , lens mount adapter C-mount - Konvas-1M not possible too.
If you wish use of other type of lenses with Konvas-1M, i can recommed lens adapter for use of medium format photo lenses with Pentacon Six mount.
This can be Carl Zeiss Biometal 120 mm F2,8, Kaleynar-3 150 mm F2.8, Sonnar 180 mm F2,8, Jupiter-36 250 mm F3.5.
You can use Hartblei Super rotator Tilt-shift lenses and other.
About adapter can ask me.
This is adapter have screw for install of color correction or neutral density filter inside adapter.

#4 Michael Melson

Michael Melson

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Other

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:50 PM

C-mount lenses not possible to use with Konvas-1M and any other 35 mm reflex cine camera ( the reflex 16 mm cine cameras with mirror disk not compatible too ) because, C-mount lenses have short flange focal distance and cover 16 mm film gate on

That's kinda what I thought too but I wasn't sure. I just saw the post and my heart soared because I have plenty of C-mount lenses lying around, which would have prevented me from buying any other lenses. I thought it might work somehow. But I guess you can't wish something true.

#5 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

I'm going to take a stab at this and guess that the original poster was confusing a c-mount adapter with an M42 (pentax screw type) to OCT18 adapter. I have one of these for my 1M, and Rafael at rafcamera.com sells them too. Pentax or similar mount lenses shouldn't cost more than a decent c-mount lens. Then again, the lenses made for the 1M are also remarkably inexpensive.

Bruce Taylor

#6 Richardson Leao

Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 07 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

I'm going to take a stab at this and guess that the original poster was confusing a c-mount adapter with an M42 (pentax screw type) to OCT18 adapter. I have one of these for my 1M, and Rafael at rafcamera.com sells them too. Pentax or similar mount lenses shouldn't cost more than a decent c-mount lens. Then again, the lenses made for the 1M are also remarkably inexpensive.

Bruce Taylor

Hi Bruce,

I remember asking Rafael about a m42 mount and apparently it's not possible (i have a konvas 1 what i believe is also oct-18). Are you sure that there are such adaptors? Many thanks.

#7 Bruce Taylor

Bruce Taylor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 482 posts
  • Other
  • Los Angeles

Posted 11 June 2007 - 07:26 PM

Hi Bruce,

I remember asking Rafael about a m42 mount and apparently it's not possible (i have a konvas 1 what i believe is also oct-18). Are you sure that there are such adaptors? Many thanks.

Hi Leao,

Hmmm. You are certainly correct about Rafael not having an m42- oct18 adapter. I was confusing it with his m42- oct19. Strangely, I do in fact have an m42- oct18 adapter I bought for my Konvas 1M from a Russian seller. I have attached it to my camera, but I have never mounted a lens on it- so it may be for macro work as the flange distance seems pretty long. One day I'll find out the answer.

Bruce

The Slider

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

CineLab

Abel Cine

Glidecam

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

New Pro Video - New and Used Equipment

CineTape

Paralinx LLC