4 replies to this topic

#1 Sam Kim

Sam Kim
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Student

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:58 PM

Does anyone know about them? Good people? Good Place? Good equipment? Do they do good stuff?

#2 Patrick Neary

Patrick Neary
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Portland, OR

Posted 17 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

I've had several shoots where we got our gear (HD, video and film packages) from B&S and they were fine. Same goes for their grip-side.

#3 Sam Kim

Sam Kim
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Student

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:39 AM

I may have an opportunity to internship and continue onto a 2yr apprenticeship position with them. It'd be doing camera and lens technician stuff. What i really want to be is a DP I feel like this may stunt me though. BUT it could also be a great great great opportunity to have a job, be able to network and do things on the side... what do yo guys think?

#4 chuck colburn

chuck colburn
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • Other
  • orygun

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:57 PM

I may have an opportunity to internship and continue onto a 2yr apprenticeship position with them. It'd be doing camera and lens technician stuff. What i really want to be is a DP I feel like this may stunt me though. BUT it could also be a great great great opportunity to have a job, be able to network and do things on the side... what do yo guys think?

Hello Sam,

As a former 30 year camera/optical tech. I would say the knowledge you would gain from such work would be of great benefit to a career in the industry.

#5 John Sprung

John Sprung
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4635 posts
  • Other

Posted 18 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

BUT it could also be a great great great opportunity to have a job, be able to network and do things on the side... what do yo guys think?

Exactly right. B&S is a fine old company, they've been around even longer than I have. The most important thing in this business is to get to know people. In the old days, guys used to hang out at the rental houses just to make the kind of contacts you'll be making. Plus you get paid, such a deal. Go for it.

-- J.S.

The Slider

Opal

Willys Widgets

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Ritter Battery

Tai Audio

rebotnix Technologies

Paralinx LLC

Metropolis Post

Technodolly