#1 Joseph Nesbitt

Joseph Nesbitt
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Student
  • Boston Mass

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:14 PM

hey I'm a young kid, and I know I don't command the respect of soe studio exec, but I'm trying to produce a show at my local T.V studio. The problem is that I asked for the rights to air clips from upcoming movies on the program yet I have yet to get a responce it's been two months. now I'm almost positive I contacted the right deparment and the description on the department matched what I was doing. I sent an email saying who I was and exactly waht I wanted but I havn't even heard a no. Any advice?

#2 Brad Grimmett

Brad Grimmett
  • Sustaining Members
  • 2660 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Los Angeles

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:25 AM

Just call them everyday until you get a response. You can't use their stuff until they give you permission, so you need to be persistent if you intend to get your show off the ground.

#3 Daniel Smith

Daniel Smith
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • Other

Posted 27 May 2007 - 05:10 PM

hey I'm a young kid, and I know I don't command the respect of soe studio exec, but I'm trying to produce a show at my local T.V studio. The problem is that I asked for the rights to air clips from upcoming movies on the program yet I have yet to get a responce it's been two months. now I'm almost positive I contacted the right deparment and the description on the department matched what I was doing. I sent an email saying who I was and exactly waht I wanted but I havn't even heard a no. Any advice?

How old exactly? If you don't mind saying.

#4 Michael Collier

Michael Collier
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1262 posts
  • Gaffer
  • Los Angeles, CA

Posted 28 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

Call up their marketing dept. and ask for an electronic press kit. It may suck if you had specific clips you wanted to use, but if you get the EPK, then you know you won't need to clear the footage (all clips and interviews and b-roll is pre-cleared for television use)

That may cut some red tape, and save you some time. Doesn't help if you are in need of specific clips.

The EPKs are ready to go, and someone far lower on the totem pole can throw a label on one and toss it out the door. Beats trying to get the attention of the producer who has to approve the use (or one of their subordinates, who have much more pressing things to do)

Willys Widgets

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

The Slider

Aerial Filmworks

Wooden Camera

Paralinx LLC

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Opal

Glidecam

Ritter Battery