A.Burak Turan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Milano

Posted 28 May 2007 - 02:49 AM

Hi everybody i'm on the way to shoot a feature film i need a dp deal memo (contract) to sign with the production company. I'll be glad if you can help me trough this. Thanks a lot...

A.Burak Turan
dOp

#2 David Mullen ASC

David Mullen ASC
  • Sustaining Members
  • 19759 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Los Angeles

Posted 28 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

Usually they write one based on the demands that they have agreed to, then you sign it. You don't have to type it up yourself.

Deal memos include basic pay infomation: hourly, day, or weekly rate, based on a working day of "x" hours (if there is a separate overtime rate), how many days of prep work at what rate, any kit rental, how you want your credit to read, if the credit will appear in all advertisements (this gets harder to get), access to the video master for making dubs of scenes for your reel, a DVD copy of the final project, any work guarantees (i.e. let's say you get three weeks of pay for a feature no matter what happens once you start, like it gets cancelled or you get fired)...

and if it's an out-of-town shoot, there's per diem, rental car, housing, travel days (sometimes paid as a half-day, sometimes not paid).

#3 A.Burak Turan

A.Burak Turan

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Milano

Posted 28 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

Dear David,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it's clear for me now. :)

A.Burak Turan
www.burakturan.com
+905322734777

Usually they write one based on the demands that they have agreed to, then you sign it. You don't have to type it up yourself.

Deal memos include basic pay infomation: hourly, day, or weekly rate, based on a working day of "x" hours (if there is a separate overtime rate), how many days of prep work at what rate, any kit rental, how you want your credit to read, if the credit will appear in all advertisements (this gets harder to get), access to the video master for making dubs of scenes for your reel, a DVD copy of the final project, any work guarantees (i.e. let's say you get three weeks of pay for a feature no matter what happens once you start, like it gets cancelled or you get fired)...

and if it's an out-of-town shoot, there's per diem, rental car, housing, travel days (sometimes paid as a half-day, sometimes not paid).

Opal

CineLab

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

CineTape

Tai Audio

Abel Cine

Ritter Battery

Glidecam

Willys Widgets

Wooden Camera

Metropolis Post

Broadcast Solutions Inc