No replies to this topic

#1 alfredoparra

alfredoparra
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Producer

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:58 PM

the mini 35 from redrockmicro came on the market when brian learned about it on howstuffworks.com, the titile is (dof machine) you can google how to build one there! the redrockmicro lens adapter has many defects and its not worth $1200.00! let me explain, first of all its costing redrock about $180 to build one with the achromat lens and rod support! there mark up is $1000.00 if an idiot like brian can build one anybody can! this lens adapter eats up light because its nothing more then a box with a very thick round home depot plexiglass that brian is laser cutting round! this lens adapter is nothing more then a spinning plexie glass, light go's in one hole and bounces around and barley comes out the other so you lose 2 and 1/2 stops of light! another defect is the milky dreamy look it leaves behind! its a nasty look! no clear like a film camera! they claim its like film but its nothing like film! go rent a movie at block busters and watch it, tell me if you see every scene blerred out? I bet you wont! this redrock lens adapter blerrs everything out! theres no control, it will blerr the fore ground or the back ground! ttheres a million wanna be film makers out here being sucked in to beleave that this lens adapter is the best thing in the world! guess what its not! I get better footage from a super 8 camera that cost $80.00 off ebay! another defect is the footage is recorded upside down! although they claim that have a new adapter to correct this problem your adding another 10 pounds to the front of your lens! how much weight can your camera support? another defect is blance on a steady cam, it just wont work! the lens adapter will always over expose your footage so you have to adjust the lighting for everyshot because the fstops on the prime lens will not work! this is another defect they fail to mention! once the adapter is connected the camera becaomes very heavy so you will need some type of support or tripod to get a steady, if you dont use anything then your looking for a shaky shot! at this point if you paid $1200.00 for one I have to say sucker! mine cost me $300.00 with rod support to build! and yes my achromat is a very good one! I bought it from sgpro.co.uk for $170.00 way less then what red rock is selling there lower rated achromat for! now for the test, go to youtube.com or redrockmicro.com and watch footage, tell me you dont see a milky look in every clip you come across? rent a hollywood movie and tell you if every scene has a blerr background? this adapter is a small tool for medium and close up shots only and nothing more! it is not wroth $1200.00 I say retail for redrockmicro it should be around $500 to $600 with rod supports but no more then that! the rod support redrock sells is just aluminum blocks they drill out and add a tap thread and crew! this cant cost more then $10.00 including the rods. build your own because its very easy! the hardest part is drilling out a hole in the enclosure and drilling a hole with a hole saw this a cake walk! if you want instructions to build your own feel free to contact me and I will give you the plans for free! I challenge red rock micro to add a section on there web site where real people can leave feed back on there products! all the feed back you read is posted by brian at red rock! all the sites talking good stuff about red rock is run by red rock, they are foolong the film community and ripping them off! I except any challenge to what I posted here, im open to debates, all the tesimony on the red rock site is fake! red rock micro dosent list a phone number on there site and there is no address! they use a post box to hide!

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

FJS International, LLC

Ritter Battery

Paralinx LLC

CineLab

Visual Products

Willys Widgets