Photo

How to best remove Streaks and Tips from painted wall?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:14 PM

I've seen art departments use Streaks and Tips for years to dress down/distress
everything from cars to windows to all sorts of surfaces and was always told that it's
so useful because it comes off easily but I guess that I've never been around to see
that part.

I sprayed part of my kitchen wall, a regular painted wall, with some Streaks and Tips
for a quick pick -up shot that needed a grimier wall than was there. I thought that it
would simply wash off but so far I've scrubbed it and it's still visible. Anybody
know about this?

#2 Lana Loukota

Lana Loukota
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Student
  • Arkansas

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

Try using "Mr. Clean Magic eraser". They're these disposable sponges that remove stains from hard-to-clean surfaces, and they work wonderfully on painted walls. I've never tried to take off "Streaks and Tips", but I have baby brothers :) I've 'tested' it on crayon and permanent markers drawings, and it works well, even with white paint... but don't scrub too much or the paint may also begin to come off. (that takes a WHOLE lot, though)

#3 Tim O'Connor

Tim O'Connor
  • Sustaining Members
  • 860 posts
  • Other
  • Boston, Massachusetts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:25 AM

Try using "Mr. Clean Magic eraser". They're these disposable sponges that remove stains from hard-to-clean surfaces, and they work wonderfully on painted walls. I've never tried to take off "Streaks and Tips", but I have baby brothers :) I've 'tested' it on crayon and permanent markers drawings, and it works well, even with white paint... but don't scrub too much or the paint may also begin to come off. (that takes a WHOLE lot, though)

Thanks, Lana, that's great. If these sponges work on permanent markers then they must be good.

Aerial Filmworks

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

rebotnix Technologies

Metropolis Post

Willys Widgets

CineTape

Visual Products

CineLab

FJS International, LLC

Technodolly

Abel Cine

Broadcast Solutions Inc