#1 tim rook

tim rook

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Grip

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:38 AM

I appologize if this isnt the place to post this. I tried posting on camera assistants area but no responses. my question is how does this remote head compare to others. I want a head for a techno crane and this one seems to have all the features but i havent used it before. i'm a grip and need the advice of someone that gets on the wheels.
i've also looked at hothead and powerpod which i've seen used before but the cam-remote is more affordable. This makes me wonder why? thank you for your help.

#2 victor huey

victor huey
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Producer

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:33 PM

you get what you pay for.......does have the motion feedback technology of libra,scorpion...no third axis....but hey if it fills the bill and is in the your budget go for it......newest technology...well if you have to ask how much you can't afford it.... :rolleyes:

victor

[

#3 Rob van Gelder

Rob van Gelder
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Steadicam Operator
  • Bangkok, Thailand

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:47 AM

The cam-remote is a very useful head. It is an analog head, with smooth motors and very responsive. It does not have electronic (digital) damping but works very well in most situations.
This system has been proven for many years and is a dependable workhorse.

We have one in the company i work for and it is a very good head for the money.
It can be fitted with a 70 degrees roll cradle as third axis, which is very helpful and has soft limits that work with the video signal.
It can load every kind of camera, big or small and is still relatively lightweight.
I think it has payed back its investment in about 1,5 year with little problems.

You need a separate focus/iris zoom unit with it, preferably a wireless Preston set. The internal wiring is mainly used for Panavision equipment and not very useful anymore.

I can recommend it and also the customer service from the Nettman company, even though it is a refurbished head!

Ritter Battery

Metropolis Post

Paralinx LLC

rebotnix Technologies

Broadcast Solutions Inc

Wooden Camera

The Slider

Technodolly

FJS International, LLC

Abel Cine

Rig Wheels Passport

Willys Widgets