#1 Nicholas Jenkins

Nicholas Jenkins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Student
  • Missoula, MT

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

Sometimes you wonder how smart you really are... well, I do anyway. I set out with the best intentions. I wanted to make something GLORIOUS for my thesis. I approach every film I make with the attitude that I may never make another film ever again. Thus I can put all of my creativity toward whatever project I'm working on.

With that in mind, I decided to write a 20 page Western. Complete with horses, guns, blood and masks (that's probably pretty weird but it makes sense in the script... I hope). Yay for me... I made something that could be considered... "expensive"... maybe even "unreasonable". But, hey... who ever got anywhere by being reasonable... don't answer that, my fragile little psyche can barely handle the stress of this thing right now.

Anyway, all kidding aside, I'm very happy with the script. I just sat down and watched the tremendously good "The Proposition" which has a very similar feel to what I'm trying to accomplish. It's help me shape a couple of scenes that I was having trouble with from the get go.

Some of you have seen that I've already posted for a DP position. Low pay I'm sure, but fun work and should be something marvelous to have on a reel. We'll be shooting on 2 DVX100B cameras. I've had a ton of luck with them and, even though I was offered the chance to shoot on the XL2, I just haven't been as impressed with their pulldown. In the end, it's all about drama and story anyway so it wouldn't matter if we were shooting on a PD150... well it would... I lied.

So as this moves forward, I'll try to keep y'all updated. It could be something really good. Could all fall apart in my lap. If that happens I'll just keep quiet for a little while and hand it off to my trusty editor... who just so happens to be me... so I guess that doesn't help much.

Sincerely,

Your Lonely Director; Nick J.

#2 Josh Donnelly

Josh Donnelly

New

• Basic Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Sound Department
  • Seattle, WA

Posted 10 June 2007 - 11:16 PM

Sometimes you wonder how smart you really are... well, I do anyway. I set out with the best intentions. I wanted to make something GLORIOUS for my thesis. I approach every film I make with the attitude that I may never make another film ever again. Thus I can put all of my creativity toward whatever project I'm working on.

With that in mind, I decided to write a 20 page Western. Complete with horses, guns, blood and masks (that's probably pretty weird but it makes sense in the script... I hope). Yay for me... I made something that could be considered... "expensive"... maybe even "unreasonable". But, hey... who ever got anywhere by being reasonable... don't answer that, my fragile little psyche can barely handle the stress of this thing right now.

The one thing I've learned from watching Peter Jackson and George Lucas is that, unless a project is "impossible", you probably shouldn't waste your time with it. ;)

Good luck, Nick.

#3 Matthew Buick

Matthew Buick
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2345 posts
  • Student
  • Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:22 PM

I'd love to shoot a film like this. I love Westerns. :)

Good luck. If I'm anything to go by there'll be DP's stealing tanks to get into your house to claim the job. ;)

Edited by Matthew Buick, 11 June 2007 - 04:23 PM.

#4 Mario C. Jackson

Mario C. Jackson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Student

Posted 08 July 2007 - 06:47 PM

I would love to shoot your project. I recently shot my friends thesis project. It was 50 min long. I am currently in Belguim shooting a reality TV show. I am 25 yrs old and I am a passionate person witha lot of heart. My e-mail address is fallenrain14@hotmail.com
I hope to hear from you soon
Thanks
Mario Concepcion Jackson

#5 Nicholas Jenkins

Nicholas Jenkins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Student
  • Missoula, MT

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:37 AM

I would love to shoot your project. I recently shot my friends thesis project. It was 50 min long. I am currently in Belguim shooting a reality TV show. I am 25 yrs old and I am a passionate person witha lot of heart. My e-mail address is fallenrain14@hotmail.com
I hope to hear from you soon
Thanks
Mario Concepcion Jackson

Wow, you gonna be back in Mid August?

#6 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:17 AM

Wow, you gonna be back in Mid August?

If he's not I'll be around ;)

Hope things are going well. I love to see westerns still being made!

#7 Mario C. Jackson

Mario C. Jackson
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Student

Posted 14 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

Nicholas
I just got back in the states yesterday. Just shoot me a e-mail. I will send you the copy of the last film I shot.
my email is fallenrain14@hotmail.com
Thanks
Mario Concepcion Jackson

#8 Nicholas Jenkins

Nicholas Jenkins
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Student
  • Missoula, MT

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

Things are going well if not strange. It's looking like we're going to push principal photography back to October because of a heat wave and really really bad fire season... unsafe overall. Which is both good and bad. Makes my life (and my crew's life) busier as I'm teaching 3 classes next semester. BUT, this gives me more time to work on the script with a talented scribe :)

Opal

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Rig Wheels Passport

Aerial Filmworks

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

Wooden Camera

Technodolly

rebotnix Technologies

Media Blackout - Custom Cables and AKS

Tai Audio

Metropolis Post