Photo

lines on my film can you tell me what is is please!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Stewart Munro

Stewart Munro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

Hey guys i just got my black & white films and it theres all lines over it.i made sure the lens was clean but it a pairs not clean enough.i know the exposure is not the best but ive shot 50d before and it came out soon good.can you tell me if its my lens or my camera please?m camera i uses is a K3. heres a link to the footage

#2 Kenny N Suleimanagich

Kenny N Suleimanagich
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • New York

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:00 AM

"Stewart", it is necessary that you change your display name to your First and Last name, as you agreed to do in the terms policy when becoming a member. You can do so in "My Controls".

Those "lines" are scratches on the film that the K3 did. As thefilm passes through, emulsion buildups or flaws in design do that to the film in such low-quality cameras. I know for mine it always scratches on the left side.

#3 Richardson Leao

Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:21 AM

Hey guys i just got my black & white films and it theres all lines over it.i made sure the lens was clean but it a pairs not clean enough.i know the exposure is not the best but ive shot 50d before and it came out soon good.can you tell me if its my lens or my camera please?m camera i uses is a K3. heres a link to the footage

Check the gate after you run a roll, if you see emulsion building up, you can see where the prob is. Maybe try to run a dummy/fogged roll (with emulsion of course) and see what happens. Once you find the place you can try to GENTLY file it ans fill with a tinny bit of epoxy. But off course you can also ruin the camera.

#4 Richardson Leao

Richardson Leao
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Other
  • Stockholm, Sweden

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:23 AM

Check the gate after you run a roll, if you see emulsion building up, you can see where the prob is. Maybe try to run a dummy/fogged roll (with emulsion of course) and see what happens. Once you find the place you can try to GENTLY file it ans fill with a tinny bit of epoxy. But off course you can also ruin the camera.

#5 Scott Bryant

Scott Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Other
  • Nevada

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

It also looks like there may be some scratching on the projection lens b/c some of the lines don't move as in they don't just stay in the same place, they really don't move. I'm assuming this is projected footage.

#6 Stewart Munro

Stewart Munro
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Camera Operator

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:57 AM

Wheres a good places to get this fixed out please?i dont mind sending the camera to the usa.

#7 Scott Bryant

Scott Bryant
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Other
  • Nevada

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:45 AM

Olex Kalynychenko would know, he's the resident russian camera expert and i think he may actually do repairs on the K3 you can search the forum for his name and contact him or this is his website http://www.geocities.../russiancamera/ he'll know what you should do.

#8 AdamBray

AdamBray
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Student
  • Austin, Texas

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:51 AM

why did you remove the footage? id be interested in seeing it.

Technodolly

Tai Audio

The Slider

Visual Products

Glidecam

Wooden Camera

rebotnix Technologies

Willys Widgets

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

CineTape

Ritter Battery