#1 J. Scott Portingale

J. Scott Portingale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Director
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:24 PM

I have shot a bit of time tapse in the past with a 16mm bolex camera, a watch, and hours of my time. This of course was before I found out there was a intervelometer attachment tfor this camera. I also own a Nikon D80 that I want to conect with my mac and do automted timelapse for extended periods of time. The only problem is that a lot of the software availble to do the dosen't recognize Digital SLRs or sometimes will recognize one brand but not the other.

Does anyone know a type of software that will work with a Nikon to do timelapse?

#2 Chris Keth

Chris Keth
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4427 posts
  • 1st Assistant Camera
  • Los Angeles

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

I have shot a bit of time tapse in the past with a 16mm bolex camera, a watch, and hours of my time. This of course was before I found out there was a intervelometer attachment tfor this camera. I also own a Nikon D80 that I want to conect with my mac and do automted timelapse for extended periods of time. The only problem is that a lot of the software availble to do the dosen't recognize Digital SLRs or sometimes will recognize one brand but not the other.

Does anyone know a type of software that will work with a Nikon to do timelapse?

Framethief? I don't know if its SLR capability is brand or model specific but I know a lot of people that only use that program and make some wonderful work.

#3 J. Scott Portingale

J. Scott Portingale
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Director
  • Canada

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:04 PM

tks,

I will research into that program a bit deeper.

#4 Seamus Mulligan-Ferry

Seamus Mulligan-Ferry
  • Basic Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Brooklyn, NY

Posted 17 June 2007 - 05:54 PM

The software that you are looking for would be "Nikon Capture." More info here:

Nikon Capture 4

If I recall, the software is around $100, but also gives you a limited free trial to see if you like it. Basically it's a remote camera control (via computer), with added intervalometer controls. Works great with a D70....may need a software update or something to be compatible with newer cameras such as a D80.

One issue, however, is it eats up your camera battery. I'd have a few extra on standby, or look to have a power source handy.

The Slider

Abel Cine

CineTape

Visual Products

Tai Audio

Rig Wheels Passport

FJS International, LLC

Willys Widgets

CineLab

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Paralinx LLC

Technodolly