2 replies to this topic

#1 Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Other

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:31 PM

Any chance that the future RED system will be have fully equiped time-lapse abilities? I'm especially interested in being able to time-exposures... a true intervelometer.

I currently do my time-lapse work with 35IIC and a Norris intervelometer. For TV work I've done some with a digital SLR. However, if the RED could fullfill my needs... I'd sign up.. some day.

#2 Stephen Williams

Stephen Williams
  • Sustaining Members
  • 4708 posts
  • Cinematographer
  • Europe

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:19 AM

Any chance that the future RED system will be have fully equiped time-lapse abilities? I'm especially interested in being able to time-exposures... a true intervelometer.

I currently do my time-lapse work with 35IIC and a Norris intervelometer. For TV work I've done some with a digital SLR. However, if the RED could fullfill my needs... I'd sign up.. some day.

Hi Joe,

This has been discussed elsewhere and will be included in the software. However the first cameras won't have all the features working from day 1.

Stephen

#3 Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor
  • Basic Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Other

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:57 AM

Hi Joe,

This has been discussed elsewhere and will be included in the software. However the first cameras won't have all the features working from day 1.

Stephen

That's very encouraging, Stephen. This system seems like it could have endless possibilities through its life span. Truly revolutionary? the way all things great prove to be.

(Will it have word processor thing-a-ma-jiggy with a spell checker so I don't have to cut-and-paste to Word?)

Rig Wheels Passport

Abel Cine

Tai Audio

Gamma Ray Digital Inc

Broadcast Solutions Inc

FJS International, LLC

CineTape

Visual Products

Willys Widgets

The Slider

rebotnix Technologies

Opal